Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Del Mar Heights Road (CLOSED 16 Sep 2021, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
agree - the opening of the facility was this past week and was already delayed. It still looks like a lot work left for the construction folks. Huge surprise to most of us, but the superchargers were probably a lower priority than opening the mall

Yeah the general construction going on around there I'm sure has priority to get finished ASAP before this SC is finished. I almost wonder if they aren't allowed to open it until more of the general construction around there dies down...

585FCF5B-368B-4F7A-887A-FAD79CF66F42.jpeg
Was able to use a ChargePoint station in the parking structure today while grabbing lunch. At least 6 of these chargers in the garage. The area is very much still in the middle of construction, but some stores have opened. Cool little area.

Reactions: gaswalla
Okay. ChargePoint beat Tesla in opening their chargers. Also much less power equipment.
I read ChargePoint charges $ 1.00/hr there which is about 5 cent/mile. That is 15cent/kWh vs about 30cent/kWh at the supercharger.
ChargePoint is better deal unless you have free supercharging and bring time.

• Informative
Reactions: jowaldo
Area cleared out for most of the charges -- a few picnic tables in the corner.

All setup. Tried to plug in even -- no juice going through. Any day now.

Getting up there to 3rd floor is a PITA as the turns onto the ramp are prone to fender benders from the turns especially coming down the ramp. They need mirrors to be installed IMHO.

View attachment 388689 Was able to use a ChargePoint station in the parking structure today while grabbing lunch. At least 6 of these chargers in the garage. The area is very much still in the middle of construction, but some stores have opened. Cool little area.
Stopped by there twice this past weekend. Both times I was there, the first ChargePoint spot as you enter the structure was ICEd. Geesh. In addition, the first time I was there, a Model S was parked in the 3rd charging spot...not charging. That is so not cool.

Went up to the top to see the SpC. They look good/ready to go...

• Disagree
Look carefully - The superchargers have zero wiring or electrical support - you can pick one up if you like. They are just supercharger stands, far from ready
LOL, yeah dude. I was making a comment, that's it. And if you are just looking at the stands which is what I was doing in a drive-by, they do in fact look good/ready to go. Man, you guys take things way too seriously.

Last edited:
Still no transformer installed. The street to the parking garage from Del Mar Heights Blvd is still blocked off.

It would be interesting to know if they've gone back to work at the top of the parking structure. I expect they will complete that work before the transformer is installed.

BTW, if you're going eastbound on Del Mar Heights, you can get in through the second driveway, after the parking structure. Westbound, it's best to turn left on El Camino Real and then immediately right into the first driveway.