Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Del Mar Heights Road (CLOSED 16 Sep 2021, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this on scoutred:
Project: Project Details | Open DSD
Electrical: Approval Details | Open DSD

Reasons I believe this is a supercharger:
- Agent/Applicant is same as other SpC in San Diego, and the firm is "Tesla" (see first link)
- Tesla SpC map lists "Del Mar" as a 2018 site. While this location is not technically Del Mar, it's in an SD community very close to the independent city of Del Mar, and this location appears to be right next to Del Mar Heights Rd. (see second link)

The location is the top floor, which appears to be covered in shade :)
Google Maps

- Agent/Applicant is same as other SpC in San Diego, and the firm is "Tesla" (see first link)
- Tesla SpC map lists "Del Mar" as a 2018 site. While this location is not technically Del Mar, it's in an SD community very close to the independent city of Del Mar, and this location appears to be right next to Del Mar Heights Rd. (see second link)

Google Maps

Oh! That’s just down the road from me. It’s been under construction for a while now. New retail/commercial/residential center. https://www.onepaseo.com/

Last edited:
Since the permit has been open a few months, and the parking structure has basically been finished a while, I wonder how far along this might already be? Someone with a drone want to check? :D
Permit doesn't appear to be issued yet, so I'll guess no progress at all. The development looks like it still needs interior roads/sidewalks, based on the timeline on the one paseo website.

• Informative
Reactions: jowaldo
  • March 2019 (or later)
    • "According to the statement, several retailers will open their doors in early March 2019 at One Paseo, [...]"
    • "The residential component will open in summer 2019, and the office spaces will be completed in 2020."
  • Top floor
    • "Work associated with installing a new EV charging station on the top floor of an (E) 3-story parking structure."
  • Could be any combination of chargers, due to the "mixed-use" nature
    • "The mixed-use development under construction in San Diego’s Carmel Valley submarket will feature 96,000 square feet of shops and restaurants, 608 residential units, and 285,000 square feet of class-A office space."

Google Maps

Good find! I totally agree that it's a supercharger location. In addition to the points you made, I also think these facts support that expectation:
-the electrical job was given a valuation of $150,000 which, IMO, is too high for non-DCFC installations.
-the building permit has the same structural issue note about a special inspection being needed for using the same HILTI anchors that Tesla has used in each of the other San Diego supercharger installations.

Amazing location given the density of Teslas in this area.

Only downside is that traffic on Del Mar Heights Road is already ATROCIOUS in the morning/evenings, especially with Torrey Pines High traffic. On multiple occasions it’s taken me 30 minutes to go from the Highlands to crossing the 5.

For those actually using this SC for long distance travel, it’s definitely a better spot than being in Del Mar proper though.

Any additional SC is welcome in SD ;). If anything, I'm glad its East of 5, not West of 5. That area can be a bear, especially during the horse racing season and fair season. I didn't realize who big that OnePaseo development is. Holy cow. and that's a smaller version than originally approved.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Any additional SC is welcome in SD ;). If anything, I'm glad its East of 5, not West of 5. That area can be a bear, especially during the horse racing season and fair season. I didn't realize who big that OnePaseo development is. Holy cow. and that's a smaller version than originally approved.

Yeah anything is great, but getting in or out around rush hour there is a bear already. That's why so many were so opposed to One Paseo. Will be interesting what the traffic is like when it's fully open.

Just two miles from us. Lots of traffic, but the owners of one paleo is to out in a fancy traffic aware traffic light management system along delta mar heights from mango to Torrey pines high school.

For those waiting the 4 level2 chargers across the street in Delaware mar highlands are free and good eats there too.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
I drove through all three levels of the parking garage today. Lots of construction work everywhere, but no sign of supercharger work. On the far end of the first floor of the garage I could see what might be a collection of equipment cabinets consistent with superchargers but they were far back behind a fenced-in area and I couldn't get a close look.