Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Del Mar Heights Road (CLOSED 16 Sep 2021, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now that this mall is about 50% open, what do you think? I gotta admit - I'm kinda disappointed. The design is meh, some of the restaurants we already had at UTC (Shake Shack, Tender Greens, Sweetfin), and getting in and out of there isn't the easiest. I did enjoy International Smoke and the stuff they have in the Butchery is pretty impressive. But overall, given the hype, I expected better. The upgraded UTC is much better than this, IMO.

Maybe it'll improve when the whole complex is open.

So now that this mall is about 50% open, what do you think? I gotta admit - I'm kinda disappointed. The design is meh, some of the restaurants we already had at UTC (Shake Shack, Tender Greens, Sweetfin), and getting in and out of there isn't the easiest. I did enjoy International Smoke and the stuff they have in the Butchery is pretty impressive. But overall, given the hype, I expected better. The upgraded UTC is much better than this, IMO.

To me, the new UTC is a confusing mess, which also charges for parking after two hours. One Paseo is a lot smaller, and I like that. One Paseo does have a terribly-designed parking structure, though.

Reactions: logan and jowaldo
Went to International Smoke for dinner last night. Tesla Model S parked in the 2nd spot inside the garage at the Chargepoint station...and not plugged in.

Sigh. So disappointing that Tesla owners pull this crap.
Seems to be an epidemic. Taken 20 minutes ago. Especially embarrassing as there were at least 5 unoccupied electric car parking (not charging) spots right there on the north and east walls.

C5D38A8E-96B8-4726-BF69-6531ECD9BF10.jpeg

Seems to be an epidemic. Taken 20 minutes ago. Especially embarrassing as there were at least 5 unoccupied electric car parking (not charging) spots right there on the north and east walls.

View attachment 435862

Is there a valet by International Smoke? Perhaps they are to blame. I have no idea.. just don't want to be quick to blame the car owner. This idea popped into my head because I noticed the other day that the valet at the El Camino Real entrance had parked a bunch of cars in the exit lane. (That exit lane isn't really open, yet, though.)

Not a fan of the UTC remodel. The layout is even worse than it used to be and parking is a ripoff. I think this is a well needed addition to the area, but it serves a much different purpose than UTC.

Nice addition to this area, but I would expect to get mostly at least 72KW at a urban charger. 72KW only lasted about a minute and was reduced to about 46 to the mid 50s KW. I tried 3 different charging ports. This may have something with the over all capacity as this Charging station was nearly full at that time.

Charging time was yesterday 9/23/19 about 9am.

1B does not work. 8B has reduce service. Maxed out at 54KW. Others are also slow. So a lot of issues in terms of chargers.

In the last several months, especially with the ramp up of Model 3 deliveries, I’ve not visited a supercharging station yet, that didn’t have one or two inoperable chargers. This is in southern California.

It seems like our supercharger stalls were not designed to take such a beating.