Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Del Mar Heights Road (CLOSED 16 Sep 2021, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
agree with above post.. the superchargers justified me trying all of the eateries at One Paseo. None are superior enough to justify a return trip without the superchargers, and the SkyDeck across the street is now the cool scene with Paseo being old news already

Reactions: jowaldo
Not possible to change max charging speeds on superchargers
There are two ways to lower SC speed that I know of...One was mentioned above (don't navigate to the site (heat your battery) and the initial charging power will be lower). The second way to limit charging power is to arrive with a higher SOC. Come in at 50% full (for example) and the supercharging power level will be less....

• Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA and Acps110
I see on map they opened some temp V2s (8) haven’t had time to check out yet

Probably this:

Bruce.

I tried to charge today at the One Paseo mall. I didn't realize that it was closed. When I searched for the nearest supercharger in my car, the One Paseo location still shows up. Any reason they don't remove it from the search??
That's odd. It's been absent from my car's map for a while. On occasion, others have reported inconsistent / delayed Supercharger updates. Reboot?

In that area is the Carmel Mountain / Torrey Hills location, but it's just open during the weekends for now since it's temporary pending the planned build-out there.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
That's odd. It's been absent from my car's map for a while. On occasion, others have reported inconsistent / delayed Supercharger updates. Reboot?

In that area is the Carmel Mountain / Torrey Hills location, but it's just open during the weekends for now since it's temporary pending the planned build-out there.
So I checked it again today and you are correct. The Del Mar site (One Paseo) is not on my map. But when I use the voice activation and say "Navigate to the nearest SuperCharger", the Del Mar address appears. Sorry for the confusion...

• Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
Sounds like the folks making decisions at One Paseo are EV-haters...
For it's worth, I've discovered the great mall across the street - found my replacement ice cream place. Have encouraged all I know to avoid One Paseo since it's a 'has been' place at this point

They allowed the supercharger to be installed in first place, so seems like they weren't EV haters at the time.

One Paseo as a destination may have already passed its prime. Which is sad on a personal level as I live right across the street and really enjoyed the buzz and activity.

There was a day when the 2nd deck of this place would get close to full and panicky people were crying that the garage structure needed to be double the size. WRONG! Instead, the bottom deck stays fullish and NOBODY parks on the 3rd deck anymore because the 2nd level is wide open.

Why did this Supercharger get booted!?!?

3810 Valley Centre Dr, San Diego, CA 92130 ??
Does not show up as a valid charging site on PLugShare.com
Google Maps does not have it either?
Status?
That is the address of a planned site that should be ready to start construction soon, and is being tracked in this thread:

That is the address of a planned site that should be ready to start construction soon, and is being tracked in this thread:
If all Superchargers across the U.S. jurisdictions take 1 year from permit application to beginning or end of construction - Houston we have a problem!
This is Chicago permit time -.75 - 1 year to get approvals for something pretty simple as EVSE. Bitcoin Mining should take for sure that long as they pull 200MW/farm versus 16 stalls pulling 0.25-0.3MW max!

Anybody here have any clues at to the average utilization of a Tesla Supercharger station:

Is it 12 cycles / per 24 hours per stall ?
Higher or lower - very curios for business purpose economic modeling?

For ease of discussion and a baseline for 100% - lets say 20 min avg charge intervals - thus 24 hrs * 60 min / 20 min = 72 cycles would be 100% utilization.