Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Del Mar Heights Road (CLOSED 16 Sep 2021, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Transformer is in! But the pedestals are still wrapped in plastic.

upload_2019-5-6_18-27-16.jpeg

Last edited:
Super exciting! Even though Qualcomm still gets hammered pretty bad, I've noticed signification pressure has been reduced by all of the build out we're seeing in SD over the last year or so. With Del Mar coming online later this month, I think we'll be in a good place for the short term in the region as a whole. Exited to check this one out once it gets going!

I don’t think we may see it to be filled to the last charger too often in the next 6-12 months. Qualcomm is full less often. Camino Del Sur is equally full. But both have only 12 chargers. This one has 18. If everyone charges for 45 minutes, on average a charger becomes available every 2.5 minutes. Even if full, the wait should be not too long.
The issue will be when the apartments open up and a lot of them have Teslas and may not be able to charge where they live!

The parking structure was pretty busy today! That may be the limiting factor -- just the time/hassle it takes to get through to the top floor. Was never more than half-full during the noon hour on a Saturday. Should be horrendous once the shops are all up and running.

Getting in/out will be easier once the construction lane closes off and allows faster entry off DelMar Heights. Remember to download your Shake Shack app to order ahead for the food to be ready once you plug in :)

Lots of nice shops to dwell in OnePaseo. Coffee, desserts, quick bites and even nice sit downs once they open up later this year Smokehouse and North Italia.

There's TONS of Teslas in the neighborhood here. This will be consistently filled by S and X locals getting their Salt and Straw fix.

Reactions: DAMON FELKER
Totally agree with this concern. I swung by to check it out. There was only 1 other car charging at the time. The garage is narrow, those corners are going to be scary going up/down and lead to very slow moving to and from the roof.

That being said - still great to get more options and the air is 'fresher' up there than on the base floor.

The parking structure was pretty busy today! That may be the limiting factor -- just the time/hassle it takes to get through to the top floor. Was never more than half-full during the noon hour on a Saturday. Should be horrendous once the shops are all up and running.