Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Friars Road (Mission Valley, LIVE 31 Jan 2019, 24 Urban + 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
Supercharge.info is showing a blue dot (This indicates a permit for those of you who never look there) for this location which is near the intersection of the 163 and the 8 freeway at the Fashion Valley Mall. It says 24 stalls, but does not specify which type of supercharger. I think it's safe to assume that it will be the 72kW urban design.

I don't have any additional information. Mostly, I just wanted to beat Chuq to starting this thread :)

Supercharge.info is showing a blue dot (This indicates a permit for those of you who never look there) for this location which is near the intersection of the 163 and the 8 freeway at the Fashion Valley Mall. It says 24 stalls, but does not specify which type of supercharger. I think it's safe to assume that it will be the 72kW urban design.
Thanks for starting this thread. On Tesla’s Find Us page there is a pin in the Mission Valley area near the intersection of those freeways. Since no one on TMC has found the permit or exact location I modified the thread title, and used the location name that Tesla is currently using.

E1DC60EA-F4C7-4712-A5C2-C6FFE99D6541.png

Thanks for starting this thread. On Tesla’s Find Us page there is a pin in the Mission Valley area near the intersection of those freeways. Since no one on TMC has found the permit or exact location I modified the thread title, and used the location name that Tesla is currently using.

View attachment 340972
It’s nice how the permit is almost literally where the placeholder is

I poked around the San Diego City online permit interface and only found this: Project Details | Open DSD

...which is a permit for Electrify America, and the description doesn't sound too Superchargy:

MISSION VALLEY Building, Electrical Permit for (N) EV's. on (E) Mall. Work to Include: (N) Utility Transporter, (N) switchboard assembly, 3 (N) power units, 3 (N) Dispencers, (N) Level 2 Chargers. OF-1-1/ MVPD-MV-CR, ESL's, Brush Mgmt, FW100 FP500, Transit Priority Area, Geo 31/32.

Supercharge.info is showing a blue dot (This indicates a permit for those of you who never look there)
What permit? Unless my reading comprehension has gone downhill, this thread says the permit has not been found yet
The OP referred to “a permit” being indicated on supercharger.info. Since no one has posted on TMC with evidence of a permit being issued in this area for a Tesla Supercharger, I included the words “permit not found” in the thread title.

Your helpful research in post #6 did not find a permit for a Tesla Supercharger.

@Mr. PlugShare, it appears that your post about “a permit” is based on the OP saying that Supercharger.info indicates a permit has been found, since no one in this thread has posted evidence of a permit.

Moderator request: to reduce confusion, please be clear about your information source when posting. I base thread titles on verifiable, posted information, not on what another website may or may not claim. Thank you.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
View attachment 341975
Above copied from permit.
This can only mean a full 120kW Supercharger station. Urban chargers are not shared.
I don't believe that conclusion is accurate. Urban chargers appear to be a 1 to 2 ratio of cabinets to chargers as well. Just look at the permit for the location just finished in Carlsbad, which is urban chargers. It lists 10 cabinets and 20 superchargers: Supercharger - Carlsbad, 7710 El Camino Real (LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 20 Urban type)

So, this thread was initiated by someone who found it on supercharge.info. That is a crowd-sourced site. How did they get the info? Was it from you @OCRyan ?
Probably someone who is not on this forum saw the permit and emailed Blue_Shift so he put it on there. I of course didn't have any direct evidence, but I trust Blue_Shift's judgment. He's not putting marks on supercharge.info without good reason.