Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Friars Road (Mission Valley, LIVE 31 Jan 2019, 24 Urban + 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watched the video, but he basically just said he couldn't talk about it right now.
But I take it that the news isn't that they are instituting Ice Cream Fridays. He said "threw me off my game a little bit" o_O

I'm guessing he heard about layoffs. It's often an unsettling event even if it doesn't impact you directly, just have to hope he's still good to go because he's been an important factor in all the recent SD expansion.

But I take it that the news isn't that they are instituting Ice Cream Fridays. He said "threw me off my game a little bit" o_O

I'm guessing he heard about layoffs. It's often an unsettling event even if it doesn't impact you directly, just have to hope he's still good to go because he's been an important factor in all the recent SD expansion.

Or the Supercharger budget got slashed.

I just checked the permit status, and it looks like it passed today! Hopefully this means an imminent opening. I'm going to drive that way on my way to UTC tonight to see if they are lit up.

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 2.07.04 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 2.07.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 2.07.18 PM.png
    289.7 KB · Views: 108
If the permit passed final inspection today, that means we have to wait a few days or a week before SDG&E can connect the transformer. Then Telsla takes a few days to test it once the power is on. So maybe 1-2 weeks before it is live is my guess.

Reactions: Axtrader
Looks like they are making great time. I might be able to get a charge in before the rains hit.

Cosmacelf, I agree with you. I think they were working around the clock once the inspection was green tagged. Impressive. I guess that installation isn't making money just sitting there haha.

If Tesla is testing, doesn't that mean SDG&E is done? The transformer has been in place for a couple of weeks.

Yes, SDG&E is done, but SDG&E had to wait for final inspection of the contractor's work before they could do the final primary side hookup to the high voltage line and give Tesla power. It looks to me that they scheduled the power connection in anticipation of the final inspection, which is quick indeed.

Yes, SDG&E is done, but SDG&E had to wait for final inspection of the contractor's work before they could do the final primary side hookup to the high voltage line and give Tesla power. It looks to me that they scheduled the power connection in anticipation of the final inspection, which is quick indeed.

But Tesla needs the power hooked up before they can do testing, I thought.