Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Mira Mesa Blvd (LIVE 13 Jul 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happened to be this area yesterday. The construction fencing around where the SD&E transformer will likely go -- street side Mira Mesa Blvd -- is gone now. Everything else still looks the same. Appears to still be waiting for that utility power.

Utility Transformer Pad.jpg
Rows of Superchargers.jpg
Level 2 Chargers.jpg

I'm glad these are placed on the sides of the parking spots instead of the back-in type. I think backing in is a challenge for some people, and it contributes to congestion at the chargers as people try to position their cars backing into spaces And I always worried someone would hit me trying to get their car backed into the space next to me.

• Helpful
Reactions: JeffnReno and tmoz
I think backing in is a challenge for some people...

Yeah, and it cracks me up that so many people -- presumably with a license to drive -- seem to have trouble simply backing into a parking space or trying to parallel park. (With those driving skills, they really need autonomy more than other people! ;) )

I prefer to back into parking spaces because of the improved visibility and ease when leaving the spot.

I'm glad these are placed on the sides of the parking spots instead of the back-in type. I think backing in is a challenge for some people, and it contributes to congestion at the chargers as people try to position their cars backing into spaces And I always worried someone would hit me trying to get their car backed into the space next to me.
In a pinch it seems like the stalls on the right of the last picture, it could be an option for those towing, but the sign posts block the driving through of the stall, and also being offset from the next row... Just seems with cybertruck coming and more people towing they would have more options for those...

In the past, slow supercharger activation hasn't been SDG&E's fault, at least in the really slow cases I'm thinking of (San Juan Capistrano and Qualcomm). But those are pretty old, now. Maybe you have some more recent cases in mind?
No, nothing specific in mind. Mostly just not a fan of SDG&E, I guess.

Currently charging at Qualcomm, my old stomping grounds. I saw elsewhere in the forum that two new supercharger sites are to be set up in Carmel Valley. The more the merrier, though it is pretty quiet over at the QC site today.

Dang, and I JUST finished my swoop thru SoCal last week. Probably gonna sit there for half a year until I make it all the way down there. With Temecula and City of Industry the rate of new SpCh's opening I may not be able to wait that long to make another sweep of the area.

Reactions: JeffnReno