Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Mira Mesa Blvd (LIVE 13 Jul 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

I found another permit for a Supercharger, this time in San Diego, at the Target on 8251 Mira Mesa Boulevard. I don’t know the number of stalls right now or power, but am certain it will be a Supercharger seen as this is one of the locations mentioned in the Target agreement. Will add on Supercharge Info. Enjoy!!

Project Details | Open DSD

43B97CED-A0F3-4AD4-89E8-DAC11377636E.jpeg

Pardon my ignorance but why aren’t they only doing V3 chargers now?
  1. Urban superchargers are V2 and sites that Tesla wants to use those are still being designed and will continue to be built going forward.
  2. There are still a few old sites that have been very, very slowly working their way through the planning and development process that were originally designed as traditional-style V2 (i.e. 150 kW) before Tesla made the switch to V3 and Tesla has chosen to keep them that way instead of redesigning the site and starting the approval process all over again. But there are very few of this type left.

• Informative
Reactions: awokeinthelbc
Tesla wants its urban chargers to mostly be v2 because they’re smaller, allowing more to be built in tighter spaces. The thinking is also that people will shop, eat, etc while charging at urban chargers

I think cost (including peak demand charges for electricity) is much more of a concern than size, though there may be a few places where the smaller urban pedestals make a difference. Also, there may be a thought that urban chargers, with their slower speeds, are less attractive to people living nearby as an alternative to home charging.

In any case, I don't think we know the number of stalls for sure yet? Supercharge.info sometimes lists 8 stalls as a guess for new locations.

Reactions: JeffnReno
  1. Urban superchargers are V2 and sites that Tesla wants to use those are still being designed and will continue to be built going forward.
  2. There are still a few old sites that have been very, very slowly working their way through the planning and development process that were originally designed as traditional-style V2 (i.e. 150 kW) before Tesla made the switch to V3 and Tesla has chosen to keep them that way instead of redesigning the site and starting the approval process all over again. But there are very few of this type left.
Thank you

How's that Nov. construction looking? We had planned to be in the area by the end of Nov. but my Dad passed and it's looking more like the end of Jan. now. This would be a welcome SC when we are there as we frequent that area while staying.

From their latest on their site, the location looks to be closer to the 15. By the target feels too close to the Qualcomm charger. Curious, they have a new construction off of Scripps Poway Pkwy, wonder why they're not adding more on the east side of the 15.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-05 175145.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-05 175145.png
    250 KB · Views: 102
  • Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
From their latest on their site, the location looks to be closer to the 15. By the target feels too close to the Qualcomm charger. Curious, they have a new construction off of Scripps Poway Pkwy, wonder why they're not adding more on the east side of the 15.

I’ve heard tesla puts a pin in the geographical center of the city, not necessarily where the chargers will be. Is that true?