Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's good off times for this location or is there a line regardless throughout the day? Gotta start planning since I have two kids and it's not gonna be fun having to wait 1-2 hours.
What are the details of your trip? We can help you make alternate plans.

It annoys me that people keep going back to this supercharger when there are other options and we all know this location is a sh!t show.

Reactions: P85_DA
What are the details of your trip? We can help you make alternate plans.

It annoys me that people keep going back to this supercharger when there are other options and we all know this location is a sh!t show.

I'm going to be coming down from LA and taking the kiddies to Legoland and will be in SD for about 4 days. Maybe I'll try to top off at the last Supercharger before SD and hopefully I will have enough to go back and top off to leave.

I'm going to be coming down from LA and taking the kiddies to Legoland and will be in SD for about 4 days. Maybe I'll try to top off at the last Supercharger before SD and hopefully I will have enough to go back and top off to leave.

For sure. Fill up at San Clemente on the way to San Diego. Also, look for destination chargers near where you're staying. Most of the ones in the Tesla network say "for patrons only", but it can be worthwhile to call these businesses and ask if there's any sort of arrangement you can make. Then there's PlugShare, which lists all sorts of public chargers.

I find destination chargers at hotels a much better option for charging. Put them in your plans!

Completely agree. I had been stressing about a recent trip to Orlando due to the lack of a super convenient Supercharger. Turns out the place we stayed at had unadvertised destination charging, and I never even went to a Supercharger in Orlando. That & 3 destination chargers on the way down & back made me a firm believer in their merit. It's just like the convenience of having your charger at home.

LEGOland has EV chargers. Close to the entrance in front of the disabled parking lot. No idea on the pricing, noticed them on the way out

There's a recent post showing pictures of Chargepoint chargers with 6 stations.

279818.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA
Sure hope the Qualcomm issues get sorted out or several more superchargers open before our annual trip to Solana Beach in January is here. The timeshare where we stay doesn't seem interested in destination chargers and I've sent them information showing how they could turn out to be free numerous times but no luck. This will be our first time in a Tesla as just got our Model 3 June 11. I tell people about traveling shouldn't be a problem, especially in CA. Hope San Diego doesn't drop the ball and prove me wrong.

Sure hope the Qualcomm issues get sorted out or several more superchargers open before our annual trip to Solana Beach in January is here. The timeshare where we stay doesn't seem interested in destination chargers and I've sent them information showing how they could turn out to be free numerous times but no luck. This will be our first time in a Tesla as just got our Model 3 June 11. I tell people about traveling shouldn't be a problem, especially in CA. Hope San Diego doesn't drop the ball and prove me wrong.
It's a bit of a hike, but I think the Downtown one is close enough to completion that it should be good by then. Maybe Carlsbad too. And those will hopefully reduce load on Qualcomm too.

Reactions: JeffnReno