Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of months ago there were 4 cars in line. It was at night and the valet wasn't there. A Tesloop guy tried to pull into a spot that should have gone to before the first person in line could get over. I was so pissed. I went over and 'politely' pointed to other cars in line and asked him to get in line. He claimed he didn't know there was a line. What a joke. Most of the time drivers are aware and are generally polite and respectful. This guy, who drives for a service, knows better.
My response would be "Good. Now you know. Disconnect and go to the back of the line".

Reactions: Teriyaki88
Well i met the most obnoxious, rude Tesla owner today. The valet wasn't there today. His stand was gone too.

The line was about 5 deep. I noticed a women was stopped in the middle of the drive way, in front of the row of Tesla's. She was pretty upset and was talking to the owner of a red Model X. Apparently a car left and she was the next in line. By the time she drove over to the other side, this bald guy jumped in and plugged in. She pleaded with him and told him that there is a line (now with 6 cars) and she was next in line.

I see what was happening and asked the women if that guy had cut in line. She said yes. She looked helpless and no one came to her aid. I went over to the guy now with his windows up and charging. I pointed to the line with other drivers and told him that the he took that women's spot. He said nothing. I told him that those folks and the lady has been in line for 30+ minutes, and he should unplug and get in line. He said I only need a few minutes. But i said to him what gives you the right to jump in front this women and the other drivers. He then finally gets out of the car and tries to make a gesture, to get physical. By this time other 3 additional drivers came to behind me to support the women and me. It got pretty tense. I then told him to do the right thing and unplug, and get in line just like all other drivers. He wouldn't do it. I went over and decided to unplug him. He said don't touch my car, its private property. I said I touched the Charger handle and not his car. I probably shouldn't have but this guy was a total axxxhole. As he argued, i kept on saying 'do the right thing'. He said don't touch his car. I said if you didn't cut in line ahead of other drivers, we wouldn't be in this situation. As he continued to raise his voice, i kept on saying do the right thing. Eventually he unplugged and went in line.

<Sigh>

My response would be "Good. Now you know. Disconnect and go to the back of the line".

Well i met the most obnoxious, rude Tesla owner today. The valet wasn't there today. His stand was gone too.

The line was about 5 deep. I noticed a women was stopped in the middle of the drive way, in front of the row of Tesla's. She was pretty upset and was talking to the owner of a red Model X. Apparently a car left and she was the next in line. By the time she drove over to the other side, this bald guy jumped in and plugged in. She pleaded with him and told him that there is a line (now with 6 cars) and she was next in line.

I see what was happening and asked the women if that guy had cut in line. She said yes. She looked helpless and no one came to her aid. I went over to the guy now with his windows up and charging. I pointed to the line with other drivers and told him that the he took that women's spot. He said nothing. I told him that those folks and the lady has been in line for 30+ minutes, and he should unplug and get in line. He said I only need a few minutes. But i said to him what gives you the right to jump in front this women and the other drivers. He then finally gets out of the car and tries to make a gesture, to get physical. By this time other 3 additional drivers came to behind me to support the women and me. It got pretty tense. I then told him to do the right thing and unplug, and get in line just like all other drivers. He wouldn't do it. I went over and decided to unplug him. He said don't touch my car, its private property. I said I touched the Charger handle and not his car. I probably shouldn't have but this guy was a total axxxhole. As he argued, i kept on saying 'do the right thing'. He said don't touch his car. I said if you didn't cut in line ahead of other drivers, we wouldn't be in this situation. As he continued to raise his voice, i kept on saying do the right thing. Eventually he unplugged and went in line.

<Sigh>

Can I buy you a beer? I'm always "that" guy calling people out (believe me, I'd paid for it) so I'm glad you said something. Let's hope his behavior will change.

<Sigh>

You should post a picture of his car so we can keep a look out.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
I won't post his ethnicity as I don't want it to seem racist.
It was a Red Model X with a sticker in the back window. It looked like a sticker of the 5 major islands of Hawaii.
Most drivers i've encountered over the past 5 years have been polite, respectful and helpful. I know there's a famous quote about people from Will Rogers. Apparently Will Rogers never met this guy! :)

You should post a picture of his car so we can keep a look out.

Honestly this place is as bad as SJC in the early days ... @Teriyaki88 while commendable for standing up for that lady ...a physical altercation is not worth it ...i don’t see how folks in the middle of a day have the time to sit there and wait for a charge .....I don’t want to get into that local charging etc as I know there is a separate thread for that ...

Yup. For sure. Most people would have/should have moved when that women asked.

Honestly this place is as bad as SJC in the early days ... @Teriyaki88 while commendable for standing up for that lady ...a physical altercation is not worth it ...i don’t see how folks in the middle of a day have the time to sit there and wait for a charge .....I don’t want to get into that local charging etc as I know there is a separate thread for that ...

Reactions: ord3r
Kudos to you! I think you did the right thing and glad you got support from some of the others there.

<Sigh>

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Well, as unfortunate as this was, I guess it has a small silver lining -- it means electric cars have finally gone mainstream.

I drove an EV1 20 years ago. Only 1000 were ever made, and practically every driver knew every other, by name on the email list if not by face, and we all went out of our way to help each other, especially when charging. We'd plan road trips via each others' houses.

But I knew that couldn't last forever. We were just a small band of pioneers. What "drove" us was the goal of showing the world a better way of pushing cars around. It would take many more than just us to make a difference. Unfortunately, everything good still has a downside or two.

Just another event yesterday. There was a line of 4 cars deep. A lady came up and took the first open spot seemingly without asking anyone. The guy next in line told me that she pleaded with him to allow her to cut in line because she needed just a few miles to get home. Well guess what? She failed to asked the other 3 people behind him. As expected people were up in arms and she made sure she did not make eye contacts with the others. Some where almost about to remove her plug. Again this is just as the Valet guy just left.

As expected she did NOT needed just a few miles. In fact, she needed 15-20 minutes. I told the guy next in line not to acquiesce next time because you never know about these people's claims. Moreover you don't piss off the people behind him because she did not get their permissions. Also if she indeed needed just a few miles, there was a perfectly free J1772 plug right there in the parking lot with 0 person waiting in line. Turns out he got schooled making him look like a chump.

Sad to see people resorting to lying and cheating now to just to get in front of lines. Reminds me of my days when I was a in elementary school. Seriously what generation have we raised?

And I don't mind pointing out the ethnicity. I am not sure why people refuse to point out their ethnicity. It is not like we are grouping everyone. It's more for data. She was white Caucasian and looked privileged. Hopefully more will post so we can get data point.

• Informative
Reactions: caltechkid
And I don't mind pointing out the ethnicity. I am not sure why people refuse to point out their ethnicity. It is not like we are grouping everyone. It's more for data. She was white Caucasian and looked privileged. Hopefully more will post so we can get data point.
Unless you are trying to identify someone in that moment, why is it useful information?

Also how does one "look" privileged?