Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Scripps Poway Parkway (LIVE 9 Nov 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed charging stations under construction at 1055 Scripps Poway Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92131.

Found the permits online: Approval Details | Open DSD

1628791084113.png

And took picture of construction
1628791151031.jpeg

Attachments

• 1628791073675.png
    1628791073675.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 187
Oops, looks like I had the address wrong in the OP, it should be 10555 Scripps Poway Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92131, not 1055. Maybe a Mod can edit.
Yep. If trying to get closer to the actual construction, the following lat/lon would work:

32.936409, -117.099534

@MarcoRP

BTW - here's a link to the actual project with San Diego: Project Details | Open DSD

Had a building permit foundation inspection pass yesterday. Underground electrical had a partial pass on Monday.

Crazy that this has been in the works since last fall.

Last edited:
Are these Urbans or V3s?
I'm 99% sure that we're getting 12 V3 superchargers at this site. (I double checked on Supercharge.info, but that might have been where I got the info from originally....)

At this point, I think that pretty much all new Supercharger sites are V3, with a handful of small exceptions (ie. the one that just opened up at UTC...)

Hopefully something will come up off the 8 before El Centro
Yes -- totally agree with you, bmms8!

Geographically, I think the best location would be the following due to the distances between Superchargers, the mountains in that area, plus very limited options: Travel Center at 1800 Golden Acorn Way, Campo, CA 91906, USA. This location would be also be great for playing in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park region.

We also need some in the Alpine, CA area such as at the Alpine Creek Shopping Center at 1347 Tavern Rd, Alpine, CA 91901.

Together, these two would really help fill in the massive gap on the I-8 east of San Diego.

Geographically, I think the best location would be the following due to the distances between Superchargers, the mountains in that area, plus very limited options: Travel Center at 1800 Golden Acorn Way, Campo, CA 91906, USA. This location would be also be great for playing in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park region.

We also need some in the Alpine, CA area such as at the Alpine Creek Shopping Center at 1347 Tavern Rd, Alpine, CA 91901.

Together, these two would really help fill in the massive gap on the I-8 east of San Diego.
I would like something around Pine Valley. That gap between El Centro and San Diego is a bit large for all the hills one must traverse, especially when pulling our trailer.