Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there still a grey marker for us plebes down here in Chula Vista?

And to get back on the topic of this thread, it's been a few weeks now and the downtown superchargers haven't opened yet. Has something happened to cause them to be stillborn?

I don't know why I'm so grumpy about the supercharger situation in SD, it's not as if I even use the one at Qualcomm, and I have an HPWC at home, and a 240V outlet also.

There is growing number of Tesla’s running around Chula Vista on the east side of the 805 in Rancho Del Rey, Eastlake and Otay Ranch. Tesla needs to put the new Supercharger Station right off the 805 at Bonita Rd, H St or Telegraph Canyon. I thInk Terra Nova Plaza on H St is an ideal location in the Petco Unleashed parking area next to the 805 - regular, not Urban Style Superchargers.

There is growing number of Tesla’s running around Chula Vista on the east side of the 805 in Rancho Del Rey, Eastlake and Otay Ranch. Tesla needs to put the new Supercharger Station right off the 805 at Bonita Rd, H St or Telegraph Canyon. I thInk Terra Nova Plaza on H St is an ideal location in the Petco Unleashed parking area next to the 805 - regular, not Urban Style Superchargers.
Beggars can't be choosers!!

Reactions: Big Earl
More consistent charging times. In theory, this allows you to better plan your charging stops. I suspect the lower charge rate is also easier on the battery pack, which is good for city dwellers who will make these their primary means of charging.

The new V3 Supercharger will come out by the end of the year, so perhaps we will see those in SD in the next round of builds. Did Elon post any specs on the V3 Supercharger?

We stopped by again this afternoon after leaving Balboa Park. The place was completely locked up, both the 6th Ave entrance where the money is collected, and the "A" Street entrance where the monthly permit holders enter the garage. All the previous times we have stopped by on Sunday afternoon the place has been open and a security guard was on duty.

Looks like I need to visit on a week day. However, at those times the parking is impossible on the street and I would need to pay to use the garage, if they even have any open spots to park in. Downtown San Diego parking is at a premium.

Reactions: gorgonaut
I tell ya, it’s the San Diego region Supercharger curse! There hasn’t been a single SC built in our region that hasn’t had construction delays. San Juan Capistrano was built and couldn’t open for 5 months due to recalcitrant lawyers (easement dispute). Qualcomm was a small part of a much bigger building reconstruction project. It didn’t get the attention it deserved and there were both design and construction problems. Downtown seems stuck at 99% complete with no end in sight. Carlsbad took forever in permitting, and now seems to be getting bogged down building retaining walls.

The only nearby SC that was built quickly was San Clemente. It must be just outside the San Diego curse radius.

I tell ya, it’s the San Diego region Supercharger curse! There hasn’t been a single SC built in our region that hasn’t had construction delays. San Juan Capistrano was built and couldn’t open for 5 months due to recalcitrant lawyers (easement dispute)...

The only nearby SC that was built quickly was San Clemente. It must be just outside the San Diego curse radius.

Hmm, San Clemente is closer than San Juan Capistrano...and neither is in San Diego county (granted, both are SDG&E).

• Disagree
Reactions: gorgonaut
AF95814D-C0FE-4B1A-BFDB-ACDFF5D193E8.jpeg 3341E009-5497-4F48-A36E-564D0387DA7C.jpeg Stopped by this morning as the X is getting ceramic coated by the guys who run detailing next to chargers (great price BTW) spoke to Lisa said they are working on some special passes for Tesla owners she said call back in few weeks her contact attached.

Stopped by again yesterday (Sunday) afternoon after leaving Balboa Park. Again the 6th Ave and "A" Street doors were all closed.

I do not believe Tesla "Passes" to enter through 6th Ave will work during non-open hours. We will need Key Pad code access through the "A" Street entrance garage door on the lower level, where the Supercharger stalls are located.