Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Francisco, CA - Geary Blvd. (LIVE 20 May 2021, 16 V3 + 18 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following this thread has been super-helpful & informative - learnt about the differences in Charger types too along the way ;)
Many thanks to all the contributors !

Haven't been to this location for almost 2 years - is the easiest path to the Chargers off North-bound Masonic street entrance 'ground floor Target ' as I recall, or is there a simpler/shorter path to top level via turning up O'Farrell instead?

Haven't been to this location for almost 2 years - is the easiest path to the Chargers off North-bound Masonic street entrance 'ground floor Target ' as I recall, or is there a simpler/shorter path to top level via turning up O'Farrell instead?
Pretty sure the only way to get to the ramp to the chargers is from O'Farrell, I don't think the other parking lots connect to it, and O'Farrell is one-way. There's a Bright Horizons preschool on that top level, not much else.

Following this thread has been super-helpful & informative - learnt about the differences in Charger types too along the way ;)
Many thanks to all the contributors !

There are few connections between the different lots at City Center, with five separate parking areas on the block only connected by the surrounding streets. The only access to the rooftop parking is from O'Farrell St. Assuming the rest of the former Best Buy surface lot is still blocked off by construction staging for its renovation, there's only one entry point, just east of Anzavista Ave, that will get you up there.

There are few connections between the different lots at City Center, with five separate parking areas on the block only connected by the surrounding streets. The only access to the rooftop parking is from O'Farrell St. Assuming the rest of the former Best Buy surface lot is still blocked off by construction staging for its renovation, there's only one entry point, just east of Anzavista Ave, that will get you up there.

thank you - so confirming this would be the way to the Chargers right?

Supercharge Geary.jpg

I wouldn’t charge there in the wee hours. Too isolated and exposed. All kinds of crazy thievery is happening in SF right now.

I’m a long time SF resident and love the city but wouldnt recommend sitting at that location in the wee hours.
Well I only need to plug in for like one minute (see signature) and I’ve been in much rougher places than this late at night, so I’m not too worried about that.

Anyways thanks for the help guys. I might give it a shot or I might just stay in Oakland tonight, go to the Mariner game tomorrow, and then charge at Geary tomorrow afternoon and continue my trip north from there. I’ll report back if I try to do a late night charge though.

Reactions: _ayn and SUP THO
Well I only need to plug in for like one minute (see signature) and I’ve been in much rougher places than this late at night, so I’m not too worried about that.

Anyways thanks for the help guys. I might give it a shot or I might just stay in Oakland tonight, go to the Mariner game tomorrow, and then charge at Geary tomorrow afternoon and continue my trip north from there. I’ll report back if I try to do a late night charge though.
Quick update: Decided not to try to plug in at 1-2am. Went to the game and then checked on San Bruno so I didn't get here till about 5pm today. Windy as hell up on top of that garage and not very obvious how you are supposed to get to the Target. I didn't see any gates that they can close, but I did see a chain that they might use to close off the entrance to the parking lot each night. I suppose someone who is desperate enough might be able to sneak under the chain or contact security (would assume such a property has 24 hour security) if they really wanted a late night charge.

I wouldn’t charge there in the wee hours. Too isolated and exposed. All kinds of crazy thievery is happening in SF right now.

I’m a long time SF resident and love the city but wouldnt recommend sitting at that location in the wee hours.
Not a SF resident, but was helping a relative a few blocks away move stuff this week, so had occasion to visit here. It was mid-day but cold, windy and blustery - like car rocking from the sudden gusts.

A thief would have to be all kinds of desperate to walk all the way up there to rob someone, and all kinds of crazy to drive up there to do so, when it's so easy for just one other car to purposefully block the only escape route til cops show up. But then again, it is SF....

I’ve used both L2 and L3 chargers here a couple of times now, pretty sure L2 is free. At least I don’t see any records of L2 usage in my Tesla account. The L3 charges show up and deducted from my free supercharging miles.
Destination Chargers, at least the first generation ones that you're used to seeing, don't have the ability to keep track of individual usage or costs, etc. The new second generation HPWC does have the ability for this, it just doesn't actually work (yet) and eventually businesses will I assume be able to charge individual Tesla users via their CC on file.

Destination Chargers, at least the first generation ones that you're used to seeing, don't have the ability to keep track of individual usage or costs, etc. The new second generation HPWC does have the ability for this, it just doesn't actually work (yet) and eventually businesses will I assume be able to charge individual Tesla users via their CC on file.
These are Gen 3 (white). Gen 2 were installed from 2017 and on with Gen 1 being 2017 and before.

Reactions: tesrella
If you're an early morning charger at this location (~7-8am), be aware that Tesla is using this Supercharger to charge new Teslas on their day of delivery from the downtown Van Ness location. I was here last week, and there were six new Model 3/Y getting charged; yesterday it was four Model 3/Y. Quite funny to see them all leave at once. If you're after the 250kW chargers, you may have to wait depending on other demand.

Also note that the free Tesla chargers tend to be used overnight by folks, so it's rare to see any availability on those. The 72kW Urban Superchargers seem to be the best bet.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9 and SUP THO