Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Francisco, CA - Geary Blvd. (LIVE 20 May 2021, 16 V3 + 18 Urban stalls)

If you're an early morning charger at this location (~7-8am), be aware that Tesla is using this Supercharger to charge new Teslas on their day of delivery from the downtown Van Ness location. I was here last week, and there were six new Model 3/Y getting charged; yesterday it was four Model 3/Y. Quite funny to see them all leave at once. If you're after the 250kW chargers, you may have to wait depending on other demand.

Also note that the free Tesla chargers tend to be used overnight by folks, so it's rare to see any availability on those. The 72kW Urban Superchargers seem to be the best bet.
do the 250kw chargers get full?

_ayn

2021 MY LR W B/W
Oct 4, 2015
San Francisco
Ya, the L2 chargers are usually full, I think a decent number of Tesla owners in SF don't have home charging and they rely on free L2 charging there. I used to plug in there after dropping my kid off at school, and went for a run in the park, but now they're almost never available around that time (like 8:45a), so I mainly just charge at home now.

_ayn

2021 MY LR W B/W
Oct 4, 2015
San Francisco

I saw a security guy when I pulled up the ramp last time I was there, but be careful out there. Damn.

I saw a security guy when I pulled up the ramp last time I was there, but be careful out there. Damn.

I mean, it's San Francisco afterall. This type of thing could happen anywhere and at anytime. Don't want to hijack the thread on typical San Francisco violent behavior. Sigh...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC