Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Francisco, CA - Geary Blvd. (LIVE 20 May 2021, 16 V3 + 18 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're an early morning charger at this location (~7-8am), be aware that Tesla is using this Supercharger to charge new Teslas on their day of delivery from the downtown Van Ness location. I was here last week, and there were six new Model 3/Y getting charged; yesterday it was four Model 3/Y. Quite funny to see them all leave at once. If you're after the 250kW chargers, you may have to wait depending on other demand.

Also note that the free Tesla chargers tend to be used overnight by folks, so it's rare to see any availability on those. The 72kW Urban Superchargers seem to be the best bet.
do the 250kw chargers get full?

Ya, the L2 chargers are usually full, I think a decent number of Tesla owners in SF don't have home charging and they rely on free L2 charging there. I used to plug in there after dropping my kid off at school, and went for a run in the park, but now they're almost never available around that time (like 8:45a), so I mainly just charge at home now.

I mean, it's San Francisco afterall. This type of thing could happen anywhere and at anytime. Don't want to hijack the thread on typical San Francisco violent behavior. Sigh...

Haven’t used the L2s for a while coz they were almost always full. Had to stop by Target and found available L2s so plugged my car in. To my surprise the L2 now costs 39c/kWh, 2c cheaper than SC but this is news to me. When did they start charging for L2 here?

Reactions: SFEV2020
All the SC's there were full the other day, and my wife plugged into a Level 2 for a short period of time. We got the 'free Supercharging for life ' deal when buying the car, so, for the first time ever, got charged for using one of the L2? A grand, unholy sum of 39c for 1KWH !

- Am simply curious why would have been billed at all? Is Tesla now charging for L2 usage for 'free SC' account holders??

All the SC's there were full the other day, and my wife plugged into a Level 2 for a short period of time. We got the 'free Supercharging for life ' deal when buying the car, so, for the first time ever, got charged for using one of the L2? A grand, unholy sum of 39c for 1KWH !

- Am simply curious why would have been billed at all? Is Tesla now charging for L2 usage for 'free SC' account holders??
And Tesla's own website states quite clearly these are 'superchargers' even if slower.. 'Free Supercharging for Life' is 'Free Supercharging for life' is it not, regardless of what kind of 'Supercharger' you use??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 3.36.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 3.36.22 PM.png
    533.1 KB · Views: 82
And Tesla's own website states quite clearly these are 'superchargers' even if slower.. 'Free Supercharging for Life' is 'Free Supercharging for life' is it not, regardless of what kind of 'Supercharger' you use??

The Geary Blvd location has all three: 250 kW V3 Superchargers, 72 kW Urban Superchargers, and level 2 Tesla Wall Connectors. Free Supercharging does not also mean free level 2 charging. I just checked PlugShare and it lists the price as $0.39/kWh for the Wall Connectors, as you experienced.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart and bmah

I used recently a Tesla L2 charger, with a J1772 plug, located at a Supercharger location.
I didn't have to paid for it, at least when looking at the Charging History on my Tesla phone's App.

Did you used a Plugshare L2 charger or a Tesla L2 charger?

I used recently a Tesla L2 charger, with a J1772 plug, located at a Supercharger location.
I didn't have to paid for it, at least when looking at the Charging History on my Tesla phone's App.

Did you used a Plugshare L2 charger or a Tesla L2 charger?

Only some Tesla L2 chargers are configured for billing. The ones at this location are.