Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Francisco, CA - Letterman Drive (LIVE 22 May 2019, 6 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stumbled across this tonight in the app and confirmed it in my car:
Supercharger San Francisco - Letterman Drive, 6 Urban stalls

IMG_20190522_212928.jpg

So out of the four Superchargers listed on the website (San Francisco, Mission, SOMA, Financial District), which hasn't been updated yet, this must be the San Francisco Supercharger...?
I wouldn't read too much into those coming soon pins. They are just general ideas of where they would like to put superchargers, but then they end up going wherever they get the right business owner, permitting, etc.

Or you can just do a touch and go and be gone before they charge for parking.

For some reason the rate to charge there is NOT listed on the Nav Display in the car. I charged for 4 miles and it showed $1.24 for this session. So I sat there wondering what it would say at 8 miles (2 kWh's) and it didn't change. Then I got to 12 miles and I was starting to worry that I might have to pay for parking and it STILL hadn't ticked over, so I got out of there with 12 miles for $1.24 and no parking fee

I created the location in PlugShare. I know they usually wait for Tesla to give the OK to add but I wanted to do a check-in. WIll be interesting to see if my location ends up being merged with the official Tesla Supercharger location in Plugshare

-Randy

Went there today during my lunch. Here's what I found. There's 6 charging stalls. You need to pay $6 dollars an hour to park in the underground parking garage. I'm not sure about any parking validation, I didn't ask anyone but there is a wine bar next to this place so very possible. I'm assuming this supercharger was put in there for the hedge fund managers that work at Letterman Drive and these guys have monthly parking passes. Anyhow, it's a really small area near the entrance within the underground parking garage.

I took some photos and video to illustrate. There's also a free Volta charger and another alternative charging (2) stations (handicap only).

IMG_4878.jpg
IMG_4879.jpg
IMG_4880.jpg
IMG_4881.jpg
IMG_4884.jpg
IMG_4885.jpg
IMG_4886.jpg
IMG_4887.jpg
IMG_4888.jpg
IMG_4889.jpg

Last edited: