Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Francisco, CA - Letterman Drive (LIVE 22 May 2019, 6 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there earlier this week (it's super handy when I forget to charge before visiting SF!) and noted two things:
  1. Tesla has determined that this is a "high-usage Supercharger station" and therefore auto-adjust to an 80% charge limit. Surprising they'd make that judgement after only a month. I certainly haven't seen it looking that busy on the in-car map.
  2. I got my parking validated upstairs at Sessions, and didn't have to pay anything, even though the exit gate was down. I was expecting to pay a $5 flat fee. The payment machine was also out of order (and had been for nearly a week), so I wonder whether everyone was getting free parking...?

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
No worries , nice day in the Presidio . Got a little lost but then found the parking garage. Fund the 6 supercharges with ease, and plugged in and charged for a brief 20 minutes. Enjoyed lunch at the Starbucks and wandered the park, then headed out for a scenic drive around the entire Presidio and crissy field. The only thing i would charge is that the parking garage payment system only accepted credit cards. No cash accepted in their machine.

Reactions: Ulmo
No worries , nice day in the Presidio . Got a little lost but then found the parking garage. Fund the 6 supercharges with ease, and plugged in and charged for a brief 20 minutes. Enjoyed lunch at the Starbucks and wandered the park, then headed out for a scenic drive around the entire Presidio and crissy field. The only thing i would charge is that the parking garage payment system only accepted credit cards. No cash accepted in their machine.
Welcome to 2019!!

(I am a fellow cash dinosaur :) )

• Funny
Reactions: bmah
Just popped in to this supercharger around 8PM on a Wednesday evening. The exit gate was up and only half the chargers were in use. It was nice not pay extra for parking especially since Presidio is pretty empty at night. I'm not sure when they don't charge for parking, but I do hope they continue to keep it free at night for folks coming in to charge.

I visited the Letterman supercharger on Sunday. There is a guard stationed on the way in. When I told him I was going to the supercharger, he said that I should be sure to have my card or fob, as there is no cell phone coverage in the garage. He also said that there are no restrooms available as Sessions gastropub was closed. Also, no charge for parking that day.

Here's my video review of the supercharger:

I visited the Letterman supercharger on Sunday. There is a guard stationed on the way in. When I told him I was going to the supercharger, he said that I should be sure to have my card or fob, as there is no cell phone coverage in the garage. He also said that there are no restrooms available as Sessions gastropub was closed. Also, no charge for parking that day.

Here's my video review of the supercharger:

Phone works via BT to unlock and start, so cell coverage shouldn’t matter except for other app functions.

Two more days of free access to this Supercharger… or will that be extended into 2021?

Also worth noting that Sessions at the Presidio has their entire food menu at half price for “a limited time”. Some great bargains for takeout while charging!

I've been there twice in the past 48 hours. I understand that they will allow open access during Covid.
Sessions at the Presidio has a great looking menu. I will be ordering lots from there soon.

Reactions: 21five
Yes its still open, and its free still. Spoke with the security guard and he said it'll be free until people start returning to the office, so I would assume a few more months.

Does anyone know whats up with the home/wall chargers across from the supercharger? Do those work too?