Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Francisco, CA (Van Ness Ave, LIVE Aug 2020, 12 urban stalls, valet access only)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Valet ONLY??? OK, I'll let someone else be the first. I just had to pay $3 for 8 min. of access to the new Jack London Oakland parking structure to take pictures of that new Urban Supercharger.

At least as of a few weeks ago, this lot doesn't have actual valets, only an attendant you have to talk with to get a ticket for access. But I think they want to have the option of being able to valet to fit in more cars when it gets busy; a sign posted earlier in the thread mentions having to leave your key. I'm not sure how things work specifically with the chargers, but I suspect that at least for now they are also self-service.

Reactions: Ecbear
At least as of a few weeks ago, this lot doesn't have actual valets, only an attendant you have to talk with to get a ticket for access. But I think they want to have the option of being able to valet to fit in more cars when it gets busy; a sign posted earlier in the thread mentions having to leave your key. I'm not sure how things work specifically with the chargers, but I suspect that at least for now they are also self-service.

Yes, the lot has been self service for awhile (probably due to COVID and reduced use of the lot due to work from home). It hasn't been busy when I've been there since COVID. I'll see what the charging situation looks like this week. It's unusual to have no availability tracking, e.g. 12/12 available.

So South SF is too far? Wow, I wish I was able to justify paying $7 for that. If you are not going to drive you don't need the speed, if you are going to drive you can drive past Daly City, Corte Madera, Emeryville, or Burlingame. You can charge for free at Volta charging if you don't need the speed and don't wanna leave the city. EVgo even has a bunch of Tesla compatible DC Fast chargers in the city if you have to pay for charging anyway.

Last edited:
This garage is 24 hours. Not sure why it's listed as "Limited Hours" on supercharge.info. The signs in post #9 say 24 hours, I'm charging right now at 2:20am on a weekday, and I even confirmed with the valet guy that it's 24/7. So @Chuq @MarcoRP please update sc.info.

Also, if anyone is curious, it's still $5 for one hour and you can drive through the garage yourself. I'm assuming the latter is due to Covid.

• Informative
Reactions: 1100MCM and mociaf9
Not sure why it's listed as "Limited Hours" on supercharge.info.

It's because it's listed as "valet only" - the red/black icon is sometimes used to mean "limited access", not just "limited hours". I'm guessing it's not valet and you just drove in? Maybe it's valet only during certain times?

Just checked - not a single Plugshare check-in! But there is a comment against the J1772 chargers in the same garage, which says "Parking is valet, but if you tell them you want to plug in they will open the gate and direct you to drive to the charging stations."

Yeah, the valet guy comes out and gives you a ticket and then opens the gate for you. Same routine when you leave. It's kinda goofy, but I'm guessing it would normally be an actual valet where they get in your car, but obviously most people aren't too keen to have random valet drivers in their car in the middle of a pandemic so this is what they're doing for now.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Dave EV
Yeah, the valet guy comes out and gives you a ticket and then opens the gate for you. Same routine when you leave. It's kinda goofy, but I'm guessing it would normally be an actual valet where they get in your car, but obviously most people aren't too keen to have random valet drivers in their car in the middle of a pandemic so this is what they're doing for now.

Yep. When I visited this site at the end of August, there was some interesting (and contradictory) signage related to this...

Bruce.

upload_2020-10-21_19-32-20.png

upload_2020-10-21_19-32-41.png