Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Gabriel, CA - Valley Blvd. (LIVE, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Busy as expected 🤣

A6549302-3B4A-4034-992E-576FAFBAD146.jpeg

You mean the one at Green on the top of the parking structure? I have never been there. I know there are parking fees? I live 4 miles away from Americana at Brand where they have 20 urban chargers. It is my main charging location. It used to be free parking first hour but it charges $2 for the first hour now. This location is going to be my main charging since I come the SG area at least 4 times a week and the parking is free and i am also one of those lucky early model 3 owners that have unlimited life time use of supercharger.
The parking is $3 for the first hour last used in July 31, 2021. So I am very glad that San Gabriel is active now. I also wish more Tesla Supercharger in San Gabriel Valley.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
I am here charging. 19%-80% need 25’, 19%-90% need 35’. The 233Kw only good for the first 10%, it drop to 121kw when I got to the 35% mark. It actually take less than 35’ to charge. Only 30’. 4:11 to 4:42 when I unplugged and back to the car take the last picture.
At 35% you should still be able to get 200 kW if your battery is warm enough on a V3. Shouldn't drop to 120 kW until 60% or so.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
i knew it, the cables are long enough for the other side lol
While reading this, I guessed that people will use the other side a que waiting for a charger to free up, so a line will not form in the isles blocking traffic. Back into a stall and take your chances when they will leave, especially if it's as busy as you think it will be.
In theory: if back to back stalls, you could politely ask someone to plug you when they're done. They finish, press the button on the handle and your charge port opens. So the driver of the second car could go get a boba, shopping or whatever while waiting.

I was there Friday night (8/13 @ 8pm) and there were about 5-6 cars on the wrong side.

Makes it tricky to find which stall is exactly free. Some were just waiting which made it more confusing if they were waiting for a charger specifically.

I was there Friday night (8/13 @ 8pm) and there were about 5-6 cars on the wrong side.

Makes it tricky to find which stall is exactly free. Some were just waiting which made it more confusing if they were waiting for a charger specifically.
I am totally agree with you. Seriously ppl just doesn’t care. I was there charging for couples time now and seeing that happened all the time. They should put up the signs saying not for Tesla charging. I guess it happen when it is not full and people got lazy to make a turn but once it full, it is back to the order at least it was what I seen last time I charge there.

There's a 28-stall V3 site near me here in northern California, where most of the stalls are located back-to-back along two aisles of the parking lot. Think this one, but doubled up superchargers in the middle, so that it is intended to park on both sides. Most of the stalls, excepting the stalls on the very ends, can reach two cables, one "right" and one "wrong". Even when nearly empty, it is extremely difficult to tell which one is the "right one", unless you start counting from one aisle-end. Also all the numbers face one direction only, so they don't help sort things out.

Since there are other Supercharging sites a few miles away, and reduced commute traffic for COVID, I haven't seen this site get close to full until a few times recently. Because the earlier arrivals usually pick a space not next to another car, when it starts to fill up there will inevitably be 2, 3, 4 empty stalls that cannot reach one of the remaining supercharger cables.

But there are also two Chargepoint L2 chargers interspersed on the same aisles, if a non-Tesla EV uses a stall, then it is intended to block out one Supercharger from being used at that time, unless used on the "wrong" side. I've come to conclude personally that they intentionally designed it this way, so that there's no "right" and "wrong" side, and the possibility all 28 cannot be utilized at all times.

Coming back to this site, unless there's a sign from the shopping center management, it may not ever be official that there's a "wrong" side, only that those stalls are not solely reserved for supercharging.

Reactions: TM3R