Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Gabriel, CA - Valley Blvd. (LIVE, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately there is no signage other than stall number that indicates correct side
What? At the head of each stall there is a vibrantly red, Tesla "parking" sign identifying it as a charging stall. And they only face one way, indicating which is the correct side to charge from. Look at your own picture that you posted, or any of the others in this thread, showing the people charging on the wrong side. Notice how you can only see the back side of those signs. That's because the cars in the foreground are charging from the wrong side.

1631120160706.png

Reactions: Wipeout
Correct however those aren’t as explicit as signs I saw at other superchargers where it does say access from other side..I guess one could assume charge from that sign but those are general signs u see at all superchargers

…I think we all agree in general this is annoying and Tesla should remediate

Lol been driving teslas for over 8 years and the early days I would see arguments at SCs about cutting in line , never would I have thought we would have contentions on which side to charge on. In general I don’t believe individually we can solve this by confronting as a natural reaction folks won’t change behavior on this alone, Tesla needs to hopefully come up with a solution. I know three SCs(Chula Vista , brea, and this one ) that have this issue. While generally annoying I have yet to see lines and queuing where this will cause confusion.

Lol been driving teslas for over 8 years and the early days I would see arguments at SCs about cutting in line , never would I have thought we would have contentions on which side to charge on. In general I don’t believe individually we can solve this by confronting as a natural reaction folks won’t change behavior on this alone, Tesla needs to hopefully come up with a solution. I know three SCs(Chula Vista , brea, and this one ) that have this issue. While generally annoying I have yet to see lines and queuing where this will cause confusion.
been driving for 3 years and I expected there will be more this kind of Tesla owner entitlement behavior lol so many tesla owners absolutely don't care but themselves until get confronted, so CA. lol

Reactions: TM3R and P85_DA
been driving for 3 years and I expected there will be more this kind of Tesla owner entitlement behavior lol so many tesla owners absolutely don't care but themselves until get confronted, so CA. lol
I was in Austin queuing up to charge in their one cramped in corner sc site. It was lord of the flies time. Ntm the traffic manners or lack thereof in addition to the crap pothole ridden roads. Things are bigger in Texas alright - bigger hype at least. There was no signage and the location was a hazard. No room to turn and pinned in if incoming car decides to drive down aisle to “explore” which stall was open.

So I agree that Tesla def needs to step up with signage that reinforce rules of use depending on where they slate these suckers - last thing you want is Texans to blame Californians for exporting their EV manners to Texas too on top of everything else. Otherwise, it sullies the brand, for the simplest of correctable reasons. They also hopefully continue to get better at identifying quality sites with right number of stalls vs under or overbuild

Guess next step is to call supercharger support line and tell them to pass it on. Next time I’m there with nothing to do, assuming they’re not gone for day by then.
Really don't understand how people don't figure this out themselves. I'm a new owner and when I went to the Brea SC (they also suffer from this issue from people parking on the wrong side), it took me all of 30 seconds to realize this cable was not meant to reach out this direction.

Really don't understand how people don't figure this out themselves. I'm a new owner and when I went to the Brea SC (they also suffer from this issue from people parking on the wrong side), it took me all of 30 seconds to realize this cable was not meant to reach out this direction.
People are seriously just dumb or selfish. It’s whatever is most convenient for them.

Reactions: P85_DA