Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Gabriel, CA - Valley Blvd. (LIVE, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. That’s why Tesla installs the V3. So, most charge won’t take longer than 20’
That works only if people don't just leave their cars parked sitting there fully charged.. sigh. I've seen that too many times.. The same TM3s or TMYs still charging after I have arrived, charged and left! Ss and Xs, I'll give them a pass, since the older ones have slower charging systems.

Reactions: TM3R
That works only if people don't just leave their cars parked sitting there fully charged.. sigh. I've seen that too many times.. The same TM3s or TMYs still charging after I have arrived, charged and left! Ss and Xs, I'll give them a pass, since the older ones have slower charging systems.
Once the car is charged idling fees will begin to accrue if 50% or more of the stalls are occupied. My understanding is there is a 5 minute grace period before idling charges begins after accruing, after which the cost is $1.00/minute. I’ve heard the per-minute cost is higher if ALL stalls are occupied, but I have no evidence to support this. At the speed the V-3s charge I doubt if there will be time to have a meal at one of the local restaurants.

Please correct me if I’m wrong here.

Reactions: TM3R
Once the car is charged idling fees will begin to accrue if 50% or more of the stalls are occupied. My understanding is there is a 5 minute grace period before idling charges begins after accruing, after which the cost is $1.00/minute. I’ve heard the per-minute cost is higher if ALL stalls are occupied, but I have no evidence to support this. At the speed the V-3s charge I doubt if there will be time to have a meal at one of the local restaurants.

Sounds about right. I can’t even have in n out before the car was done charging at Barstow the last time I was there. Super charging is too fast. Haha

Last time I check V3 should give about 160s miles/15’ if charging at 20%. Assuming everyone charge from 20% to 80%, it should be around 20’ish. My M3 is LR RWD 20% to 80% is about 190 miles. It takes 45’ on Urban Charger which is V1. So I expect mine won’t take more than 20’ on V3. Also, I can confirm the idle fee is $1/min after the 5’ grace period.

It might relate to the capacity factor Tesla expects for the given station. In other words, if they expect the station to be filled for a larger number of hours of the day on average, or perhaps filled more during hours of peak electric charges, then perhaps they would be more likely to deploy a megapack.
Just speculation though.
That makes sense. Tonight Musk tweeted upgrading Superchargers to 250-300kw. So I expect more megapacks than not going forward.

Did a drive by 8am. Cabinets still cloaked

Attachments

• 20210715_084225.jpg
    20210715_084225.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 82

$0.50 per minute if station is 50%-99% occupied. $1 per minute if station is 100% occupied. Idle fees accumulate the moment your car is done charging but fees are waived if you unplug within 5 minutes of being done. so if you unplug at 5 minutes and 1 second, you will be charged for the full 5 minutes of idle.

$0.50 per minute if station is 50%-99% occupied. $1 per minute if station is 100% occupied. Idle fees accumulate the moment your car is done charging but fees are waived if you unplug within 5 minutes of being done. so if you unplug at 5 minutes and 1 second, you will be charged for the full 5 minutes of idle.
I was at Eastvale and it was a little over 50% full. I manually stopped charging using the car's screen and left it plugged for a few minutes before exiting the car and disconnecting. I after I left the site, the screen said i had accumulated $2.00 in idle in addition to the energy charge. So it started charging me idle even when it's under 5 mins of idle time. Had it been 5 mins idle it would have been $2.50 charge.

I was at Eastvale and it was a little over 50% full. I manually stopped charging using the car's screen and left it plugged for a few minutes before exiting the car and disconnecting. I after I left the site, the screen said i had accumulated $2.00 in idle in addition to the energy charge. So it started charging me idle even when it's under 5 mins of idle time. Had it been 5 mins idle it would have been $2.50 charge.
Yup that's how they designed it. Starts accumulating immediately and will be waived if you unplugged within 5 minutes. Screen will show you accumulated that charge but it shouldn't have charged you the extra $2.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc