Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - East Capitol Expressway (LIVE 28 Aug 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't see a transformer, but the pedastals are in...

Attachments

• 20200202_152827.jpg
    20200202_152827.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 20200202_152831.jpg
    20200202_152831.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 20200202_152835.jpg
    20200202_152835.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 20200202_152839.jpg
    20200202_152839.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 167
Given that everything looks done, I suspect the station has power but has not been approved for full operation. I remember when my solar panels were installed (years ago) everything was hooked up and working, but I wasn't supposed to enable the inverter on the grid until the city & PG&E had completed their inspections.

Reactions: CharleyBC
Stopped by this morning on the way to Lick Observatory and further East to Gustine.

Lights were not on - Button on cable did not activate door. Tried two random units not in the same batch.

Definitely looks ready.

Hint: when done - if headed back to US 101 - go behind the Lion Market to exit at the far side of the shopping center. If you take the exit nearest the chargers, it will put you on Capital Expy, but going the wrong direction (adds 2 miles to return to US 101.

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p and mociaf9
I noticed this find on Friday when I went to play golf. I tried it out, and there was no charge, but it certainly looked complete.
I am super excited about this, given that its going to be a V3 and just 3 miles from my house.

No charge available at home? These are much more expensive - but good nearby when the charge at home goes awry.

When headed for a trip, we fill at home - that gets us to the first (distant) SpC. (and the second)

No charge available at home? These are much more expensive - but good nearby when the charge at home goes awry.

When headed for a trip, we fill at home - that gets us to the first (distant) SpC. (and the second)
Depends where one lives. For example, my son was recently told by his apartment complex to quit charging his 3 in his unit's garage (120V slow charge). So he's pretty happy a Supercharger just opened nearby.

Depends where one lives. For example, my son was recently told by his apartment complex to quit charging his 3 in his unit's garage (120V slow charge). So he's pretty happy a Supercharger just opened nearby.

True... and I wrongly assumed seemoregreens had capability because it said 'house' - but obviously not always the case.

Before idling fees were implemented, it was humorous to see Tesla's sitting overnight in a charging stall. But some were unable to charge at home. Others, just trying to save a few bucks because Supercharging was free then. When it got to be a problem, Tesla came up with the 'idling' fees,

Oh, in my old hood! There use to be a small movie theater where a portion of the chargers are located. That's why there is so much room in that corner. The golf course has a driving range which is the tall fence you see in others pictures.

This has easy access from Highway 101 via Capitol Expressway. Drive past the shopping center and turn on Tuers Rd. Use the second drive way.on Tuers Rd.

To get back to 101 after charging I would drive through the back of the grocery store and turn right onto McLaughlin Ave. Cars tend to backup by the gas station trying to leave the shopping center.

TESLA Gould Center.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: bcpm3p
The Shell is now Speedline ...

There used to be a nice Japanese restaurant over on that side of the center, but that would be a bit of a walk, and it looks like they closed anyway. Fortunately there's a really good non-chain fast food place called "Back A Yard" a short walk from the pedestals. It will be SO nice to finally have a V3 supercharger in the south bay ...

Reactions: bcpm3p