Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - 925 Blossom Hill Road (LIVE, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad they are doing something about it, but we'll see if rotating them is enough.
If you were to park dead center in the right side stalls, all the way backed up the the parking stops, you wouldn't be able to plug in.

View attachment 684125
Barely fits on the curved bank of L2 chargers. Have to back in straight in close to the right line and bump the parking stop.

Attachments

• 8B4C7BF6-5A90-4F2C-81F7-09557894FD30.jpeg
    8B4C7BF6-5A90-4F2C-81F7-09557894FD30.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 7C9C8254-4AE3-406B-A07F-10B7253CD8C3.jpeg
    7C9C8254-4AE3-406B-A07F-10B7253CD8C3.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 6A822EFB-D1CD-4518-9473-EE21F5936A35.jpeg
    6A822EFB-D1CD-4518-9473-EE21F5936A35.jpeg
    665.3 KB · Views: 106
For those not familiar with the area:...
  • A Starbucks is in the food court.
The last time I was there a few weeks ago, the Starbucks in the food court was closed for some reason. I had to go to the one at the other corner of the property that shares a building w/Bank of America, near the Electrify America charging stations.

The Plugshare entry is at PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You doesn't seem totally correct. I or someone will need to count the Tesla WC and J1772 handles and update the entry.

There is also three j1772 plugs right at the entrance.
There are actually 4 J1772 (they're Tesla-branded EVSEs that look like wall connector except with a J1772 plug which we've seen posted elsewhere on TMC). I'm charging my Bolt on one of them now.

It looks like there are also 20 Tesla wall connectors w/their proprietary plug. I've added these to the Plugshare entry.

I guess it's not well known yet as only 1 other J1772 is in use (kinda) by a gen 2 Volt that is no longer charging.

Reactions: Shirt4878
Someone updated the Plugshare listing a bit w/some power levels on the WCs and J1772s but I can't confirm their accuracy.

Can someone w/a 48+ amp OBC Tesla connect to one of each and report the voltage and max amperage you can get out of each? Are the WCs set to free or for billing? Billing would be possible since they're gen 3...

Bolt only shows me kW in whole numbers (so I saw 7 kW while charging) on the J1772 EVSE I used. I can't see voltage or amperage advertised by the EVSE (via its J1772 pilot signal duty cycle). The exception to the whole number is that somewhere below 1 kW, it can show 0.5 kW.

Someone updated the Plugshare listing a bit w/some power levels on the WCs and J1772s but I can't confirm their accuracy.

Can someone w/a 48+ amp OBC Tesla connect to one of each and report the voltage and max amperage you can get out of each? Are the WCs set to free or for billing? Billing would be possible since they're gen 3...

Bolt only shows me kW in whole numbers (so I saw 7 kW while charging) on the J1772 EVSE I used. I can't see voltage or amperage advertised by the EVSE (via its J1772 pilot signal duty cycle). The exception to the whole number is that somewhere below 1 kW, it can show 0.5 kW.

I updated both of those. They are accurate.
10kW 48A 210V for the Tesla wall charger and 8kW 40A 208V for the J1772 charger.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and cwerdna
Thought I’d mention that this mall also has FutureWash located on the premises if you need your car washed. They’re in the parking garage at the other end of the mall from the Superchargers (in the garage facing Blossom Hill Road and adjacent to Living Spaces on the Winfield side street). Unless they’ve relocated in the garage they are on the first floor near the mall security office. Nice to be able to leave your car to get washed and walk into the mall or walk to the outside and eat in one of the restaurants facing Blossom Hill Road. They call or text you when completed.

Here’s a link to their Website for that location to book an appointment.

Unfortunately, there's no signage nor markings on the ground for the J1772 EVSEs. Tonight, 3 of the parking spaces for the J1772s were ICEd. I was able able to reach the EVSE in front of me and another adjacent one. One more would've been reachable if a truck that ICEd a spot didn't entrap the cable between its tire and the parking block.

It would be a good idea for people who uses those J1772 plugs to sweep the cables out of the way so that they cables are behind the parking block and less likely to get trapped under tires or run over.

Just wanted to confirm that all the WCs around the edges are still free.

Let's just say a had a weird "street encounter" w/a Model Y that for some reason was using a J1772 EVSE when almost all the WCs were open. Two of the J1772 spots were ICEd (unless one spilled over into a Tesla WC spot), 1 in use by the Y and the last one by me in my Bolt.

I recently used the Level 2 Tesla Destination chargers and it appears they have upgraded them with longer cords. There is plenty of slack now, to charge for the car parked on the left side. If I had to guess they look like they upgraded to the newer 24' long cable.

I saw tweets about Supercharger boxes having blown up. Tweet below and Westfield Oakridge (1) | San Jose, CA | EV Station seems to confirm the site's down.

- if authentic, it sure let out the "magic smoke" in a pretty spectacular fashion.

Anyone know any details?
Trying to see if replacing x.com with twitter.com helps w/getting the Tweet to render here:

Sign in the video is definitely visible at Google Maps (I never paid close attention to that sign) and the SCs + WCs are further down the road, past the traffic lights.

Last edited: