Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Holger Way (LIVE 7 Nov 2020, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Found and reported on /r/TeslaMotors by /u/MsNewKicks: New Chargers Spotted at North San Jose Target : teslamotors
Imgur picture album: North 1st Target Chargers

What: 14 new urban superchargers and 4 L2 stations currently under construction at the Target right off CA-237 (Southbay Freeway) in North San Jose. From the pictures, it looks like most of the charging posts may be installed but the cabinets and back-end hardware isn't in yet.

Address: 95 Holger Way, San Jose, CA 95134
GPS: 37.417281, -121.956897

Details on the size of the station were confirmed by searching on San Jose's permitting portal for the building permit and plans for the project: AD19-429, Plans (PDF)

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

Was looking at the Reddit comment about not showing the kW. Urban chargers are max 72kW if I’m not mistaken but at least not shared like regular SCs. So would expect these to be the same. Suppose to be for in-town charging than long-distance trips.

Nice find. I was wondering when the North San Jose location would be shared.

Another great location in the south bay. Very easy to get to from the SR-237.
It's located a lot better than most the locations in that region. The Fremont Factory is a dud.

I guess the deal with Target to install chargers at their stores is turning out to be a pretty good deal. I still would rather see gas station amenities (purpose-built clean bathrooms, coffee, window cleaning, tire filling, etc.), but Target sort of has half those things half the day.

I guess the deal with Target to install chargers at their stores is turning out to be a pretty good deal. I still would rather see gas station amenities (purpose-built clean bathrooms, coffee, window cleaning, tire filling, etc.), but Target sort of has half those things half the day.
There are also a number of restaurants across the street from Target (a steakhouse as well as a few fast food restaurants). The Target has a Starbucks inside.

Found and reported on /r/TeslaMotors by /u/MsNewKicks: New Chargers Spotted at North San Jose Target : teslamotors
Imgur picture album: North 1st Target Chargers

What: 14 new urban superchargers and 4 L2 stations currently under construction at the Target right off CA-237 (Southbay Freeway) in North San Jose. From the pictures, it looks like most of the charging posts may be installed but the cabinets and back-end hardware isn't in yet.

Address: 95 Holger Way, San Jose, CA 95134
GPS: 37.417281, -121.956897

Details on the size of the station were confirmed by searching on San Jose's permitting portal for the building permit and plans for the project: AD19-429, Plans (PDF)

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP
Do we know when construction will be complete?

Pics from Sunday. Most of the underground work is complete, still missing a few pedestals.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Cool, another new location I hadn’t been aware of. Should we add address to location in the title?
Done.

A new “Coming Soon” San Jose location isn’t on Tesla’s Find Us map page. I think that there are so many new/under construction Superchargers that the Find Us map is not nearly as useful as it has been in the past in scouting for future locations.

There are currently two San Jose Supercharger locations under construction that are not on the Find Us map page. The other one is being discussed at Supercharger -San Jose, CA - 3111 McLaughlin Ave (under construction Dec 2019, 20 V3 stalls)

Reactions: SMAlset
I had an errand to do today that took me to the parking lot at this Chase Bank location. I parked, looked up, and was surprised to see a bunch of Urban charger pedestals, neatly wrapped! I had not realized that my errand destination was next to this new Supercharger location. It was raining but I took some photos. I don’t see any changes compared to the photos that @Dag posted on Jan 1st.

9F60C100-A9D1-4521-B675-9702C325A017.jpeg
6D5B6CF5-7453-4806-861A-A000A40FF4CF.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
There are several in the SF Bay Area near Targets including Morgan Hill and Coleman off the top of my head in the south bay. Generally it's not a problem due to the sheer number of Teslas around here. I've never seen a charging spot ICE'd in those spots the few times I've used them.
I'm glad to hear that. My experience at the Target in south San Jose (as well as other parking lots) is that ICE cars always park in EV Only parking spots (not with chargers, just designated EV spots). They could care less what a sign says.

Reactions: PStewart and gern
So, does Tesla normally put some SC’s next to Target?
I can already tell the lazy ICE drivers will end up using those spots to go into Target so nobody can charge if they wanted to:confused:
I don't think that's a concern except perhaps on Black Friday. The chargers are in the corner of the parking lot that's farthest away from the entrance to Target. I shop there every once in a while and I don't remember ever seeing cars parked there.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA