Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Blossom Hill Rd. (LIVE 16 May 2019, 18 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time thread lurker but first time posting. I found this going up in San Jose at the Princeton Plaza Mall. Its located on the corner of Meridian & Kooser. No where could I find any permits. I took the following photo. Looks like about 20 stalls. I will get more photos next time I am in the area. This is great news to see the charging network expanding.

Attachments

• SALM5492.JPG
    SALM5492.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 384
Great! Looks like urban chargers.

google maps: Google Maps

There should be a permit at City of San José Online Permits but it's throwing OutOfConnectionError right now. I'd imagine that won't be fixed until tomorrow.

EDIT: retry worked, and I found "2018 139568 CI"

INSTALL (18) SUPERCHARGING POSTS, (9) CHARGER CABINETS, (9) AUTOTRANSFORMERS, SWITCHGEAR, AND UTILITY TRANSFORMER​

Work seems to be by Core Energy. Some inspections are already in progress: http://csjimg2.sanjoseca.gov/ecmsviewer/187/134/18134187.pdf

Based on the permits, the official address may be "1375 Blossom Hill Rd"

Last edited:
Wow, nice work guys! I’ve edited the thread title. This one does not seem to be on Tesla’s Find Us web page, and it is obviously not the permitted San Jose Supercharger being discussed in this thread
Supercharger - San Jose (South) (Permit 12/6/18 - 14 Superchargers at 5630 Cottle Rd)

There are going to be a lot of Superchargers in the San Jose area; and with all the Model 3’s I see on Bay Area roads, they are going to get plenty of use.

More pics from today. Looks almost ready to go. For geographical reference, the entire shopping complex has an address of 1375 Blossom Hill, but this resides on the corner of Meridian and Kooser across from a city park.

Attachments

• IMG_3435.JPG
    IMG_3435.JPG
    616.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_3436.JPG
    IMG_3436.JPG
    848.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3437.JPG
    IMG_3437.JPG
    454.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_3438.JPG
    IMG_3438.JPG
    455.9 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3439.JPG
    IMG_3439.JPG
    589.9 KB · Views: 248
Been to the Walgreens/Party City/Michaels there. Bill's Cafe, across from the plaza on Kooser, is one of my favorite breakfast/lunch restaurants--although we frequent the one on Cottle I've been to this one as well. Being across from the Post Office -- especially during the holidays, I'm sure these urban chargers will encounter ICEing, but 18 is a nice count.

Nice find and thank you @FatalNecro for all the photos and the mention that it's across from the City park, and I'm shocked to see this location since it's kind of down the street from the Cherry Avenue one (Alamden Expwy near Bass Pro Shop). Guess it's nice that it's on the opposite side of 85 since that whole Cherry Avenue area on the other side of 85 is super congested and traffic gets pretty slow there at times. Kind of shocked it's so far along and no one mentioned it before now (permitted in early November). Cool in any event!

Last edited:
Bill’s Cafe ( Locations | Bill's Cafe ) is a nice place for a good reasonably price sit-down meal if you have a long charge. Nice that’s it’s in the nearby vicinity to both supercharger locations and offers something other than Starbuck’s fare. I’m partial to their Greek lemon soup :) and try to either order soup and sandwich, or if I order something else and heading home, try to get some soup to go. If they are really busy (frequently especially on weekend), the wait to be seated can take a while and you’ll probably want to move your car. I find their portion sizes quite filling.

This location also has C’est Se Bon Bakery within easy walking distance. C'est Si Bon Bakery Bakery

BTW both eateries have shortened hours, so if you can, pull up their website before walking over to them just in case they are closed.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and bmah
Has anyone eaten at either the Cup & Saucer restaurant ( Location ) or Mandarin House restaurant ( Wix.com | Welcome to Mr. Ping's Noodles )? I notice both of those are open later into the evening and located there in the shopping center.

Cup and Saucer is a basic diner. Haven't been there is a while, but was fine and as expected last time i was there.
Mandarin House is basic American Chinese food - it's our default take out place these days.

There's also a Mexican place - Senor Taco - right next to Mandarin House, which is good as well.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset