Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Blossom Hill Rd. (LIVE 16 May 2019, 18 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of this morning (01/30/19), all signs of construction equipment and fencing have been removed. Payment has been laid and the lines are freshly painted. Here are a few pics from this morning. I am fortunate to drive past this every day and look forward to its opening. I'll pretend the caution tape adorning each stall is in anticipation of the ribbon cutting ceremony during it's grand opening. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3471.JPG
    IMG_3471.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_3472.JPG
    IMG_3472.JPG
    484.2 KB · Views: 209
The signs say « general parking for all vehicles » and something else underneath, so it could be ICEing hell?

I don't think we have to worry about that for a while.
With OSH closed, hardly anyone parks on that side of the mall anymore.

There are other casual and fast food restaurants surrounding the mall like KFC, The Sandwich Mill, 5th Quarter Sports Bar & Grill, the 1st Chuck E. Cheese, Burger Pit, Tacos El Compra Taqueria, Subway and Taco Bell.

Ignore the Outback Steakhouse pin. Google has it wrong and they have been notified.
Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.23.32 PM.png

Last edited:
We were at the Cherry location charging last night while up in the area and decided to quickly check this Blossom Hill location out. All Urban chargers still with yellow tape on. Husband was surprised by how many chargers there were.

While updating SC info for the Target location off Cottle, checked on this SJ permit as well (Permit Reference No. AD18-950). There was a Permit Revision as of "1/23/19 REVISIONS: RELOCATE ADA STALLS, ADJUST SUPERCHARGER ENCLOSURE, AND UPDATE SWITCHGEAR PAD DETAILS (HM)" Status "Under Inspection". And we're down to Final Building and Electrical Inspections.

Building Inspection done on 2/6/19 with Remarks that the ADA Parking and Path were both OK. However Electric was not signed off yet and Supercharger areas are on Precast Pads. "Not a complete inspection. Did not confirm revisions at poured in place pad. Suggest request (inspector name inserted here I guess) at next inspection." The Building Inspection was listed coded as "Partial Approval".

The electrical inspection was done on the same day but got a "Correction Notice". I can't read the writing too well so here it is. But apparently still more work to do as of beginning of Feb. No March dates were listed for inspection. Anyone visiting the area know if there's been movement on these items?

BlossomHillSCElectrical - 1.jpg

When I checked the Project Summary, it does say the Permit Adjustment Status was Approved. "Permit adjustment to allow Charger cabinets which includes 18 Superchargers for TESLA placed in the Princeton Shopping center and a switchegear with cabinet and a new utility transformer in cabinet." No date listed. Unfortunately the Documents section had nothing in it. Don't know if it's being updated or not. Usually you see info listed here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russell
I believe these were the remarks [with initialisms expanded]:
  1. Post available Fault Current letter at switchgear.
  2. Provide clearances at Autotransformers per CEC [CA Elec. Code] 110.26
  3. Provide ArcEnergy Reduction information for 2000 Amp main breaker.
* (?) OK, 3/0 + additional ground rod added, verified GFCI [Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter] letter for main 2000 A Breaker, pedestals OK.

We were trying to find a post office to drop off some mail, and Tesla nav led us to a USPS “express” location that was closed and had no mail slot, but it was serendipitous because we spotted this line of new urban chargers! Sadly, they are still wrapped in construction tape and not yet powered on. ‍♀️

Still not open as of 4/19...
didn’t even know this was a “coming soon” location, but Tesla nav directed us here when we were looking for a post office to drop some mail (no success there, no mail slot at the post office “express”), but not a wasted trip since we serendipitously found this row of urban chargers.
They are still taped up and not powered on, but look ready to go. Hope it’s soon!

Attachments

• 7C78D3EC-CBD1-4C0A-AEF1-1AA3E98BE787.jpeg
    7C78D3EC-CBD1-4C0A-AEF1-1AA3E98BE787.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 96
Keep thinking this will go online but here it is May already. Just checked documents again and nothing new on the inspection front since the 2/6 building and electrical inspections referenced above in the thread (partial approved and correction issued). I'm guessing either Tesla doesn't see the need yet to add this location yet (the times my husband and sometimes I have been at the Cherry Ave SCs, there hasn't been any lines waiting to use) or maybe whatever the correction work needed is in dispute with electrical contractor etc. I did notice the permit runs out in August.

. I'm guessing either Tesla doesn't see the need yet to add this location yet (the times my husband and sometimes I have been at the Cherry Ave SCs, there hasn't been any lines waiting to use) or maybe whatever the correction work needed is in dispute with electrical contractor etc.
I would guess rather that there is some other element--likely the wait for the transformer--which is the long pole in the tent. So, there'd be less urgency for what is essentially minor paperwork updates to get a full inspection pass on the site if they know they'll still have to wait for that. And also, because Tesla and their supercharger designers/project managers are simultaneously working on many locations, they are consistently very slow on updating that sort of paperwork stuff.