Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Cherry Avenue (LIVE 21 Dec 2018, 24 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • The projected pins on the map are just projections, nothing more
  • The locations are not exact but just represent the VERY GENERAL area they could be, or where Tesla wants one (ie somewhere in south San Jose)
  • Sometimes they are on schedule, sometimes they are early, sometimes they are late, sometimes the pin disappears
  • Only Tesla knows, we know nothing

Reactions: wyldtek
Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean?

• There are hundreds of grey "coming soon" pins on the Tesla supercharger map
  • There is no concrete information about any of these locations
  • When someone creates a dedicated supercharger thread on here, people see the title and think "Oh good! News about <location>"
  • They open the thread to find it totally devoid of any new content, except for the fact that there is a grey pin on the Tesla map.. which itself is not news.
Imagine this happening every few days

Bonus points - after the thread has been quiet for weeks, someone posts in one of them. "Oh good, an update!" *click* "Hi guys, any more news about this one?" *sigh*

• Love
Reactions: MarcoRP and McManX
Moderator note: I have clarified the thread title to indicate that no permit or location has been found for this Supercharger. It is fine to start a new thread for a Supercharger location that is indicated by a grey pin on the Tesla Find Us map as long as the name associated with that pin is a new name that Tesla has not used before. In this case, there is a grey pin for “San Jose” and a grey pin for “South San Jose”, so it seems clear that those will be two new Superchargers and not an expansion of an existing Supercharger. Sometimes the Find Us map has a grey pin that turns out to be an expansion of an existing Supercharger.

Carry on... :cool:

• There are hundreds of grey "coming soon" pins on the Tesla supercharger map
  • There is no concrete information about any of these locations
  • When someone creates a dedicated supercharger thread on here, people see the title and think "Oh good! News about <location>"
  • They open the thread to find it totally devoid of any new content, except for the fact that there is a grey pin on the Tesla map.. which itself is not news.
Imagine this happening every few days

Bonus points - after the thread has been quiet for weeks, someone posts in one of them. "Oh good, an update!" *click* "Hi guys, any more news about this one?" *sigh*
Haha, we are probably in the minority in that we are on this forum a lot, but this is exactly how I feel.

On top of that, I feel like I'm constantly explaining the meaning (or lack thereof) of the pins and the *precise* locations on the Tesla map.

Moderator note: I have clarified the thread title to indicate that no permit or location has been found for this Supercharger. It is fine to start a new thread for a Supercharger location that is indicated by a grey pin on the Tesla Find Us map as long as the name associated with that pin is a new name that Tesla has not used before. In this case, there is a grey pin for “San Jose” and a grey pin for “South San Jose”, so it seems clear that those will be two new Superchargers and not an expansion of an existing Supercharger. Sometimes the Find Us map has a grey pin that turns out to be an expansion of an existing Supercharger.

Carry on... :cool:
It's up to you and it isn't a big deal to me by any means, but it might make more sense to keep these type of posts in the California speculation threads. OTOH, I can see the problem with doing that as well, in that you can't easily find those posts and stuff could get repeated a lot.

Haha, we are probably in the minority in that we are on this forum a lot, but this is exactly how I feel.

On top of that, I feel like I'm constantly explaining the meaning (or lack thereof) of the pins and the *precise* locations on the Tesla map.
Yes and there are new people joining TMC daily given the large numbers of new Model 3 owners or potential owners, so let’s be patient with them.

Reactions: wyldtek and e-FTW
Drove into this parking lot where the Bass Pro Shop is and saw a fenced off area with around 15 or so Supercharger transformers and a few loader trucks with dug up ground. Looked around and didn't see this location on Supercharger.info yet, but found the permit on the SJ website. I'll try to snap a pic the next time I'm at the gym (across the street).

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 12.38.53 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 12.54.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 12.54.05 AM.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 77
Drove into this parking lot where the Bass Pro Shop is and saw a fenced off area with around 15 or so Supercharger transformers and a few loader trucks with dug up ground.
Nice find! Thanks for posting. Based on the Tesla “Find Us” webpage this is almost certainly the “South San Jose” location indicated on that map. I have revised the thread title.

My guess is this location will be the Urban style pedestals. We shall see...

Reactions: McManX
Here are details from sjpermits.org:

Proposed 12 EV Charging stations consisting of 24 charge posts accessible through 24 parking stalls at the Almaden Ranch shopping center parking lot; Proposed switch gear and charge cabinets, associated equipment and transformer, all enclosed within a 49'X13'X8' high Trex composite fence wall displacing six (6) existing parking stalls rendering the resulting number of parking stalls below the minimum required by the parking Standards. Remove and replace the curb and gutter along the charging stations and the equipment enclosure per the required standards.

I drove by there this morning. The stalls will be at the North East side of the lot.

I saw an open gate then parked about 10 spaces away. As I got out of my car, a construction worker closed the gate and watched me as I pulled out my phone. I pretended to fiddle with my phone then got back in my car. As I drove away I could see him watching me.

I guess someone else is going to get the 1st picture.

Supercharger 5160 Cherry Ave.png

I saw an open gate then parked about 10 spaces away. As I got out of my car, a construction worker closed the gate and watched me as I pulled out my phone. I pretended to fiddle with my phone then got back in my car. As I drove away I could see him watching me.

I guess someone else is going to get the 1st picture.

Hahaha. I guess you got a little trigger shy! What do you think would have happened if you just took a pic anyway?