Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Cherry Avenue (LIVE 21 Dec 2018, 24 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now official and using the "San Jose - Cherry Ave" name.

upload_2018-12-22_12-50-1.png

South San Jose is still a mystery!

upload_2018-12-22_12-51-36.png

Now that this is open, we can see that the "Almaden" marker is gone and the remaining "South San Jose" marker is still there on Tesla's official map. That means this was the "Almaden" Supercharger.

Hmm... "South San Jose" could be at "The Plant" which is in South San Jose and also has a Target (Target parking lots are a very common location).. I should post in the speculation thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and SMAlset
Sweet! And before 2018 ends. My husband noticed it had popped up on his charging locations and I figured someone had already charged there. Right now 7 people charging there. Great for all those last minute Christmas shoppers running all over for the perfect gift and short on range as a result :) Nice present for all.

Reactions: HandleX
Now that this is open, we can see that the "Almaden" marker is gone and the remaining "South San Jose" marker is still there on Tesla's official map. That means this was the "Almaden" Supercharger.

Hmm... "South San Jose" could be at "The Plant" which is in South San Jose and also has a Target (Target parking lots are a very common location).. I should post in the speculation thread.

Sounds like some Forum moderator cleanup is needed then on the two threads.

I was visiting family in the area and decided to drop by the site to check it out. It was a pretty impressive sight to see 24 Urban Chargers all lined up in a row. At around 9:30 PM last night, there were only two cars charging. However, despite the parking lot being completely empty and the chargers located at an intermediate distance from Bass Pro, a lone Kia driver still decided to park in a charging spot with a shopping cart occupying an adjacent stall. I see a high potential for ICE'ing here until the site becomes more well known by Tesla owners.

Or the Target on Cottle Road.

Okay, how about a 1am charge. 24 stalls of sweetness.View attachment 363025 View attachment 363026
I'm here right now (11:10pm Sunday). There's no lights on in the parking lot. Barely any light coming from the 3 or 4 street lamps. Definitely not what I would call a safe and friendly night charging area. Also the car's nav system says 21 of 24 stalls are available. I'm the only one out here so two stalls are not reporting correctly.

Started with 123 miles. After 40 minutes it's up to 231 miles.