TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Coleman Ave (LIVE 31 Aug 2018, 12 stalls)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by DOCAL, Mar 3, 2018.

1. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 8.13.18 AM.png

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 3
  2. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 8.31.28 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 8.31.17 AM.png

Additional permits in case anyone wants to search in the future.

Seems like a good location, right by 87, not too far from 280 or 880. Nice if you've left your car at the airport and need a boost before driving home.

3. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

Address is 533 Coleman, not 5133. Could a mod fix the title?

4. pkodali

pkodali Member

Is this 10 chargers or 10 stalls?

5. mblakele

mblakele pre-jackpot member

I'd guess "10 individual chargers" means 10 stalls.

This location doesn't seem like an obvious stop for long-distance travel, even though it's fairly handy for 880, 101, 87, and 280. It's close to downtown and in a busy shopping center, so I expect we'll see quite a few locals and commuters charging here. Adding this to the other active projects in the area should make the south bay pretty well served.

6. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

#6 SMAlset, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Nice find @DOCAL . I was wondering when this location was going to become "visible". So this is another Target Store parking lot installation. There's a BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, Panera Bread in that same Target area parking lot and a bit further in the shopping center a Chilis, Panda Express, Wingstop and Smashburger. Thinking these might be the urban superchargers based on the description just saying 10 individual units. And the chargers are going to be running off 2 house meters?

A look at the permit info on SJC site indicates it's been in the works since 10/3/17.

Here's where it is in relation to the airport, 101, 880, 87 and downtown SJ. I think it's pretty nicely situated.

SC San Jose Target Store map - 1.jpg

I think they are expecting to be done with the Building and Electrical review by March 12 if I understand this Project Status and then actual work will begin.

SC San Jose Target Review - 1.jpg

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That is how I would interpret it. Hope we are wrong: San Jose’s first SC needs to be a lot bigger.

@DOCAL, nice find! I fixed the title as you requested.

8. ant1248

ant1248 Member

I wonder if Santana Row and Westfield Valley Fair will get chargers. They could each easily have 20 urban chargers. Great location right by 880/280.

9. utvol3287

utvol3287 Member

cant wait for this location. it will be very nice for me :)

10. SR-75

SR-75 Member

Me too, while visiting family in San Jose. Hopefully this one will not be as busy as Fremont and Dublin.

11. S-dog

S-dog Member

Heard 18 stalls at Santana Row. Not sure where they will put them, and doesn't that sound like they are asking for ICE'ing problems?

12. SMAlset

Went to check on the progress for this and kind of hard to find any new info yet. Major Permit Adjustment still listed as Pending. Grading and Drainage still listed as Under Review. Didn't locate any new permits or documents.

There was an update on the chess clock: some movement and new dates shown...does this indicate should be hopefully completed now by 4/1/18?

13. SMAlset

Checked on the Permit Process and a number of groups in the planning and review process are now listed as "Closed" for the project as of 4/5/18. Still showing "Open" under Technical Review are: the Building Plan Review - comments sent on 4/9/18; Planning Conformance Review - Adjustment Required as of 4/9/18; Special Inspection - Incomplete as of 4/9/18. Last two Open groups are Outside Clearance and Issuance Review.

14. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

Looks like another couple of items had some activity last week, so getting closer....

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.34.16 AM.png

• Informative x 1
  15. utvol3287

utvol3287 Member

i sure hope they start construction soon. this SC will be a true benefit to me.

16. SR-75

SR-75 Member

I second that! Need a full or 96% charge here when visiting family and to get home.

17. Dag

Dag Member

Drove by today to see if anything had been started. I found some ground markings in the front parking lot and AT&T marked underground wiring along the sidewalk and landscape areas. Might be nothing or could be the future charging site....we shall see.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  18. Dag

Dag Member

Drove by today and was surprised; construction has begun. Same location as my map picture in post #17.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  19. Benjamin Brooks

Sounds like update time for @BlueShift ?

• Like x 1
  20. Dag

Dag Member

No changes this week.