Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Coleman Ave (LIVE 31 Aug 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped by today...work centered around the transformer pad, electrical cabinets and underground wiring.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 213
The appearance of concrete around the electrical pads was completed today.
They have a lot of equipment space at that site. I like it.

Now, I got curious why they have so much extra equipment space. I went back and looked at your map. They put a lot of effort in the design of that area to have a triangle there, but it doesn't make any sense why they'd have a triangle right there. It could have gone straight into Autumn street ("Parkway"). But they did that and that's the result.

These precast pedestal mounts are great for passing through and receiving conduit. Furthermore, they allow conduit to be laid, pedestals installed, and wire run, without the trench even being inspected yet. This allows a huge amount of work flexibility to happen, so inspection appointments are way easier and cheaper. They can call for inspection exactly when everything is done reducing the number of visits, or when the trench has been laid, and continue working while waiting for the inspector, maybe getting even more done for that visit. All of that saves time and money. Also, not having concrete rolls for the pedestals saves on delivery, placement, and finishing of the concrete. This is awesome!

Tesla SuperCharger precast pedestals

Last edited:
Drive by this morning. Progress on the electrical cabinets pads and work on trenches for the stalls have started, with some stall pads installed. Didn't see any electrical lines to and from pads, maybe be to early.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    627 KB · Views: 113
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg