Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Coleman Ave (LIVE 31 Aug 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Workers were on site this morning, continued work on the charging stall trenches and the supercharger electrical cabinets are installed now. I will swing by later in the afternoon and snap more pictures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Informative
Reactions: Acps110
i have seen Target locations adding non-Tesla chargers. This might explain why you see 12 stalls. i think they are adding Chargepoint locations as well. not sure about the "3 or 4 more".

If you look at 8.jpg that Dag posted above, you'll see that 12 superchargers have already been installed - which is already more that what the permit indicates. Then look at 4.jpg and you'll see 4 (edit: there are actually 5 spots) extra parking spots without any charger installed. I guess they could be for Chargepoint but as of today, nothing has been done on those spots yet.

Workers were onsite earlier today with most of the work outside of the main site between Target and the chargers. Pic 5 shows some of this.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 112
I noticed that every Supercharger site is being built with a couple of Level 2 chargers. Who owns these chargers? Tesla? Target? My understanding is that Chargepoint just sells the hardware and managed billing service but part of the revenue goes to the owner that bought it.

Maybe a few superchargers have L2 charging but definitely not every one. Not sure where you got that idea.
He probably left out one word, and meant to say this: "I noticed that every Target Supercharger site is being built with a couple of Level 2 chargers." That's because Target has a partnership with both Tesla and Chargepoint to "install charging stations in the parking lots at more than 100 stores and other Target properties."

I noticed that every Supercharger site is being built with a couple of Level 2 chargers. Who owns these chargers? Tesla? Target? My understanding is that Chargepoint just sells the hardware and managed billing service but part of the revenue goes to the owner that bought it.

Off-topic, but I think it's more likely Target than Tesla. The ones at Bridgepointe San Mateo are free for the first two hours, and I doubt Tesla would pay for that.

Reactions: Darksoldier360