Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Coleman Ave (LIVE 31 Aug 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 8.13.18 AM.png

Is this 10 chargers or 10 stalls?

I'd guess "10 individual chargers" means 10 stalls.

This location doesn't seem like an obvious stop for long-distance travel, even though it's fairly handy for 880, 101, 87, and 280. It's close to downtown and in a busy shopping center, so I expect we'll see quite a few locals and commuters charging here. Adding this to the other active projects in the area should make the south bay pretty well served.

Nice find @DOCAL . I was wondering when this location was going to become "visible". So this is another Target Store parking lot installation. There's a BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, Panera Bread in that same Target area parking lot and a bit further in the shopping center a Chilis, Panda Express, Wingstop and Smashburger. Thinking these might be the urban superchargers based on the description just saying 10 individual units. And the chargers are going to be running off 2 house meters?

A look at the permit info on SJC site indicates it's been in the works since 10/3/17.

Here's where it is in relation to the airport, 101, 880, 87 and downtown SJ. I think it's pretty nicely situated.

SC San Jose Target Store map - 1.jpg

I think they are expecting to be done with the Building and Electrical review by March 12 if I understand this Project Status and then actual work will begin.

SC San Jose Target Review - 1.jpg

Last edited:
Went to check on the progress for this and kind of hard to find any new info yet. Major Permit Adjustment still listed as Pending. Grading and Drainage still listed as Under Review. Didn't locate any new permits or documents.

There was an update on the chess clock: some movement and new dates shown...does this indicate should be hopefully completed now by 4/1/18?

Checked on the Permit Process and a number of groups in the planning and review process are now listed as "Closed" for the project as of 4/5/18. Still showing "Open" under Technical Review are: the Building Plan Review - comments sent on 4/9/18; Planning Conformance Review - Adjustment Required as of 4/9/18; Special Inspection - Incomplete as of 4/9/18. Last two Open groups are Outside Clearance and Issuance Review.

Checked on the Permit Process and a number of groups in the planning and review process are now listed as "Closed" for the project as of 4/5/18. Still showing "Open" under Technical Review are: the Building Plan Review - comments sent on 4/9/18; Planning Conformance Review - Adjustment Required as of 4/9/18; Special Inspection - Incomplete as of 4/9/18. Last two Open groups are Outside Clearance and Issuance Review.

Looks like another couple of items had some activity last week, so getting closer....

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.34.16 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
Drove by today to see if anything had been started. I found some ground markings in the front parking lot and AT&T marked underground wiring along the sidewalk and landscape areas. Might be nothing or could be the future charging site....we shall see.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Parking Lot Marking 2.jpg
    Parking Lot Marking 2.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Parking Lot Marking 3.jpg
    Parking Lot Marking 3.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Parking Lot Marking.jpg
    Parking Lot Marking.jpg