Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F9BA3386-7C93-4233-A413-9F3738FEC79F.jpeg
Never seen this status of a supercharger indicated before. Maintenance maybe?

Stopped here late last night, as I do about three time a month on my drive back to San Diego. This supercharger has become the rent-free, AirBNB for the local homeless population. One lady was asleep on the ground, with all her belongings strewn all around her such that one supercharger was rendered unusable, unless one of us Tesla drivers was heartless enough to kick her awake. At the other end of the seven-stall complex, two more homeless individuals sleeping in the bushes, their shopping carts parked nearby. With the state’s current NO EVICTION policy, I doubt these unfortunate people can be chased away.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Yes the homeless have taken over the area , several moms won’t charge there and consider it useless as homeless are there 24/7 effects strewn about . From the blood curdling non stop screaming last night I was concerned that a homeless woman was being raised by several others . Police seem to ignore them . They brought on a security car with flashing lights to get them to move but the homeless had more staying power and now just sleep all day which is worse since that is when it sees the most use. Feces and needles and bottle litter the place with fast food wrappers everywhere . Mattresses are left about all day long.

teska used to have an attendant here. They should implement something . The homeless Ian handle the people charging .
This is certainly not the “ better than a gas station promise” it’s quite threatening being here for 60 minutes.

This has always been a bad location (see 54 pages of this thread :D). Maybe, probably, it's gotten worse over time. The good news is there are now two other superchargers that are less than 10 miles away. The several moms have it right. If you don't like this location, don't use it.