Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally! Luckily this SC is two exits away. Love the crazy fast recharge! 160 mls/hr!? Love it!

image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm guessing it will appear in the nav either today or early tomorrow, if it hasn't already. Then people will really start coming and work it into their commute. It will be interesting to see how the usage display at Hawthorne will read in the next couple weeks. I bet SJC will be in the top five most used superchargers.

I'm guessing it will appear in the nav either today or early tomorrow, if it hasn't already. Then people will really start coming and work it into their commute. It will be interesting to see how the usage display at Hawthorne will read in the next couple weeks. I bet SJC will be in the top five most used superchargers.

I'm currently the only one here. I expected to see a couple other cars. Oh well.

Last edited:

I keep looking expectantly on the nav map and it hasn't popped up yet. This is so exciting even though I'll only use it a few times a year. But it will make such a difference in peace of mind those few times I use it!

Finally! Luckily this SC is two exits away. Love the crazy fast recharge! 160 mls/hr!? Love it!

View attachment 48778View attachment 48779

I'm guessing this is your first time using a Supercharger -- if so, congratulations! You'll quickly figure out that the charge rate is much, much faster than 160 mi/hr when your battery has less than 50 or 60 rated miles, then tapers as your battery fills up. And the 160 mi/hr is an average of your entire charge session, not real-time charging rate.

I'm guessing this is your first time using a Supercharger -- if so, congratulations! You'll quickly figure out that the charge rate is much, much faster than 160 mi/hr when your battery has less than 50 or 60 rated miles, then tapers as your battery fills up. And the 160 mi/hr is an average of your entire charge session, not real-time charging rate.

You're correct :wink: That was my 1st!

A word to those who are not regular SJC drivers:

The traffic in the downtown area is often very slow, summer and weekends are worse.
With the 5/74 interchange project underway, traffic this summer could be really bad, weekends awful.

Take the Camino Capistrano Exit (1st exit South of Ortega Highway 74) to access SJC SC from either direction.
You will likely still sit at a couple of lights, but it'll be better than exiting at Ortega Hwy into the downtown gridlock.
happy road-tripping.

As posted earlier, take next exit to the south, until interchange construction is complete

Yes and No, there is a large project that is re-making the 5/74 interchange, but even without construction, downtown SJC is not very free flowing traffic-wise.
It can be really bad on weekends and especially during the summer. I would take the Camino Capistrano exits.