Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They must grant the legal easement.....it has not been filed. Very disappointing. The trenching has to go down del obispo for almost 100 feet, then across MAYBE only 20 to 25 feet of union bank property. Not very good project management over site or critical path planning. This is a critical link for us to be able to get to San Diego and back.....go hope they can wrap it up soon.

I wonder if in lieu of trenching, that perhaps this pathway might be bored under the pavement?
That method is a lost less disruptive to the surface paving material, striping, etc.

I wonder if in lieu of trenching, that perhaps this pathway might be bored under the pavement?
That method is a lost less disruptive to the surface paving material, striping, etc.

Horizontal drilling is the method that has been used in many other Supercharger locations, but you still need an easement or other legal right to drill through a parcel underground, just as you would need for trench and backfill.

They must grant the legal easement.....it has not been filed. Very disappointing. The trenching has to go down del obispo for almost 100 feet, then across MAYBE only 20 to 25 feet of union bank property. Not very good project management over site or critical path planning. This is a critical link for us to be able to get to San Diego and back.....go hope they can wrap it up soon.

how do you know this? Thx

I went to the worksite (when I took the pictures) and spoke with the project manager. He also confirm that SDG&E may not be the fastest utility to work with....not sure if the breakdown is with Union Bank, SDG&E , or Tesla.
He showed me the amount of trenching.....but it cannot start until the easement is granted. He claims his scope of work once the easement is granted is three days......

I went to the worksite (when I took the pictures) and spoke with the project manager. He also confirm that SDG&E may not be the fastest utility to work with....not sure if the breakdown is with Union Bank, SDG&E , or Tesla.
He showed me the amount of trenching.....but it cannot start until the easement is granted. He claims his scope of work once the easement is granted is three days......

thx!!

Horizontal drilling is the method that has been used in many other Supercharger locations, but you still need an easement or other legal right to drill through a parcel underground, just as you would need for trench and backfill.

heck, up here in nor cal, I need an easement permit just to drill a hole so my lawn drainage drains through the sidewalk to the street rather than over it. The city won't help, and it gets bad in rainy season (algae even grows). It's a slipping hazard. I'm not sure how the method of draining over the sidewalk was ever approved, but it's rampant around here.

Took these this morning:

photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 3 (1).JPG
photo 4 (1).JPG
photo 5.JPG

Looks like all of the concrete has been poured. Lines are painted for parking spaces. The cabinet doors are not on yet, so I am going to assume utility connections have not YET been made.

Thanks CallMeSam

you took lots of great pics but when I was there a couple days ago there was no activity behind the main Tesla cabinets where the utility co needs to run the power from street into the tesla cabinet. Looks like the contractor has completed all his work and now we face a painful wait while the easement approval process gets completed so that the utility can be scheduled to begin their work. Zzzzzz

Thanks CallMeSam

you took lots of great pics but when I was there a couple days ago there was no activity behind the main Tesla cabinets where the utility co needs to run the power from street into the tesla cabinet. Looks like the contractor has completed all his work and now we face a painful wait while the easement approval process gets completed so that the utility can be scheduled to begin their work. Zzzzzz

Agreed!

And . . . there are SEVEN charging spots.