Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's crowded, you definitely had someone charging on the other half of your supercharger pair (a vs b)... They probably got there before you and were pulling in the 'full charge rate' while you got the remainder (in sjc - I think it's 120kw total between a and b)

Yes, the lady from Tesla is a PR disaster. I'm sending an email - I suggest others that interacted with her do the same.

See all those Teslas in the pic, those are the ones waiting

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    570 KB · Views: 104
Yes, the lady from Tesla is a PR disaster. I'm sending an email - I suggest others that interacted with her do the same.

See all those Teslas in the pic, those are the ones waiting

I have been wondering how organized the queue is at SCs for cars waiting to charge. At this SC location, how do you know where park to get into the queue? I wouldn't want to accidentally cut ahead of any one waiting, nor would I want to be waiting in the wrong location and lose my place in the queue.

It's a total mess... It could be so simple... Put a stack of durable placards 1-20 in a tray, and folks pick them up as they arrive and put them in the windshield.
OR, could have a sign up sheet, where folks put some identifiable (yet anonymous) info.
Better yet, set up a sign in system via the Tesla app - but the placards take 10 min and 10 dollars to implement.
It's a total mess without a system - and attendants that are indifferent and leave at peak times do nothing to help, in fact make it worse.
We need a system

Thanks for the information gaswalla. I will probably need to use the SJC SC because it is the closest SC to San Diego. But I could also use the Fountain Valley SC. I understand that location can also be very busy with cars waiting to charge. Is the waiting queue any more organized at that location? BTW, I like your idea of placing numbered placards on the windshield because they would be visible to everyone waiting.

Was at this SpC yesterday and few things that people should know

1) There will be scheduled downtime on Sunday August 7th from 10PM to 6AM (per signs placed on all of the chargers), presumably for:
2) Stalls 1A and 1B are charging at 1/2 power, per the attendant.

This thing was packed yesterday, and people could have been a little more courteous for those that were waiting to charge. There were multiple people that parked, locked their doors, and didn't come back for 1h+. Remember, this thing is the last stop for those that need to get to San Diego.

In my opinion, it is always inconsiderate to leave a Tesla in a Supercharger stall for longer than the time it takes to complete the charging session, particularly considering that the Tesla app will notify you when the charging session is complete.

There clearly are some Tesla owners that need to be more considerate of others who need to charge. And if that means public shaming (posting photos, including license plates, of Tesla vehicles that are done charging but are still occupying a stall) I don't have a problem with that. Peer pressure can be an effective way to change behavior.

And if someone catches me abusing a Supercharger stall please don't hesitate to call me out on it!

Tesla is not spending money building Superchargers for use as long term parking. They are for charging our cars, only.

Reactions: Trnsl8r and TexasEV
In my opinion, it is always inconsiderate to leave a Tesla in a Supercharger stall for longer than the time it takes to complete the charging session, particularly considering that the Tesla app will notify you when the charging session is complete.

There clearly are some Tesla owners that need to be more considerate of others who need to charge. And if that means public shaming (posting photos, including license plates, of Tesla vehicles that are done charging but are still occupying a stall) I don't have a problem with that. Peer pressure can be an effective way to change behavior.

And if someone catches me abusing a Supercharger stall please don't hesitate to call me out on it!

Tesla is not spending money building Superchargers for use as long term parking. They are for charging our cars, only.

Those people don't care. Don't waste your keystrokes.

At least the other spot in the pair will charge quickly.

Those people don't care. Don't waste your keystrokes
They may not care, but their behavior can be changed if responsible Tesla owners speak up. If we don't, that leaves the media free to write about "rich self-centered Tesla owners" as if those are the only people who own Teslas.

You can make a difference, but not if you stay silent. Your choice.

They may not care, but their behavior can be changed if responsible Tesla owners speak up. If we don't, that leaves the media free to write about "rich self-centered Tesla owners" as if those are the only people who own Teslas.

You can make a difference, but not if you stay silent. Your choice.
I kind of agree with both of you. The people who are doing this are narcissistic asshats that will never care no matter how much you speak up. Shaming them publicly would barely help our cause either, since they will never come to this forum or anywhere where they would care. "Oh no! Someone shamed me on TMC, a forum I could not give a rat's a$$ about". (Not me, them. I love it here)

OTOH, if we speak up to TM, then perhaps they will finally do something. Both SJC and FV desperately need time limits on charging/parking. 1 hour max. That is enough for anyone to get a full charge. It is these sites that make it unappetizing for me to travel to San Diego, and until TM steps up and really helps (not just an attendant), and will hesitate to go in my Tesla. Perhaps one of us can start a petition to TM to implement this? I would if I had the time.