Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Leandro, CA (LIVE 16 Sep 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that in person, it makes sense to put the finger on who is causing the issue. I couldn't see what was left undone when I was there, it looked like it should be ready to go, but it's been maybe a month since it looked ready.

I was in the neighborhood, so I stopped in for a look.

Not much change from the last pictures or descriptions. Still no transformer. There are some other Level 3 chargers going in opposite to the Superchargers, of two different types, four stalls total.

This place is going to be a pain to get to when the outlet mall is busy (as it was this afternoon). You have to drive through the parking lot to get to the back side of Banana Republic, navigating narrow aisles and tight turns. I'm not sure how cars going for the Superchargers and the other Level 3 chargers are going to interact.

@Chuq @Big Earl @corywright I think the pin on supercharger.info should be moved. It's in the middle of the main parking lot, but the Supercharger pedestals are really behind the Banana Republic. If I worked Google Maps right, a reasonable set of coordinates might be 37.70981289046917, -122.16460671144321 (can probably truncate to some non-absurd amount of precision).

Few photos courtesy of my wife:

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7032.jpg

IMG_7033.jpg

Bruce.

I was in the neighborhood, so I stopped in for a look.

Not much change from the last pictures or descriptions. Still no transformer. There are some other Level 3 chargers going in opposite to the Superchargers, of two different types, four stalls total.

This place is going to be a pain to get to when the outlet mall is busy (as it was this afternoon). You have to drive through the parking lot to get to the back side of Banana Republic, navigating narrow aisles and tight turns. I'm not sure how cars going for the Superchargers and the other Level 3 chargers are going to interact.

@Chuq @Big Earl @corywright I think the pin on supercharger.info should be moved. It's in the middle of the main parking lot, but the Supercharger pedestals are really behind the Banana Republic. If I worked Google Maps right, a reasonable set of coordinates might be 37.70981289046917, -122.16460671144321 (can probably truncate to some non-absurd amount of precision).

Few photos courtesy of my wife:

View attachment 837907

View attachment 837909

View attachment 837910

Bruce.
Ooh, burn.

• Funny
Reactions: israndy and bmah

You can always drive behind all the stores from the Teagarden entrance, right? And entering from Marina and making an immediate right should avoid the busiest parts of the parking lot and you only need to drive through like half of it.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
I wonder if Tesla is stuck waiting for those CHAdeMO chargers to go in before PG&E will light up the whole site. Crazy to be a victim of EVgo or whoever that is. They were not there in June when I posted photos, at least they look mostly done, so now everyone is waiting for a PG&E transformer.

There is an unconfirmed report on a local Facebook group claiming that this site is live. It's a post with a picture of the pedestals with no tape and no cones/barricades (so definitely a change from my photos from two weeks ago), but also no cars charging.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
I went immediately yesterday after reading your post and they were charging there, but they were the electrical contractors testing the activation from remote, so that guy was moving his car from charger to charger and having the guy on the phone start and stop the charge. He thought the EVgopening would be Friday. But then he also thought the Superchargers were open, I tried all three and they still give the red light, or the no light indication on the car.

I added the location to Plugshare.com, but I was unable to select Tesla or EVgo as the network so I guess my site will be replaced by official ones put there by Tesla and EVgo. Too bad, like the photo I took for it.

Checking again today, cause I am driving around. Sure miss the tape over the chargers, I could see that from the highway. Anyway, the Supercharger is still the same, and the EVgos all say Out Of Order on their displays, so at least the displays are not O.O.O.

Thanks for help checking. i live by San Leandro, it would be a great additional and much more convivence with this location compared to the Hayward A st Target which is 72kwh urban charger and also the one in Hesperian thats 250kwh but further away from house.