Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Leandro, CA (LIVE 16 Sep 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

12 V3 stalls are planned for the Marina Square Shopping Center in San Leandro. Thanks to Tesla Owners East Bay (think it was Al) who told me to look at this address for a permit and what do you know!

search "Supercharge" on top right for permit

Work Location

Address1201 Marina Blvd
San Leandro CA 94577

Permit Details

Licensed Professional:

BLYMYER ENGINEERS
1101 MARINA VILLAGE PKWY #100
ALAMEDA, CA, 94501

Project Description:

Install 12 EV chargers, 3 Tesla Supercharge cabinets, light posts, ADA path, curbing, restripe parking lot at "Marina Shopping Center"

Job Value($):

$288,000.00

12 V3 stalls are planned for the Marina Square Shopping Center in San Leandro.
It's always great to get new Superchargers but I am a little puzzle about the choice of this location.

It will be next to the 880 Marina exit, and Oakland airport, but this location if for clothes outlets, and car dealers, and just one Starbuck.

IMO it would have been better to choose a location like the Bay Fair Center shopping mall, which has several eating places.

The Bay Fair mall is located near the intersection of the 880/580/238 highways and has already 4 free L2 Volta Charging Stations.

It would be interesting now, to find the location of the future Hayward Supercharger, also scheduled for Q3 2021.

Last edited:
It's always great to get new Superchargers but I am a little puzzle about the choice of this location.

It will be next to the 880 Marina exit, and Oakland airport, but this location if for clothes outlets, and car dealers, and just one Starbuck.

IMO it would have been better to choose a location like the Bay Fair Center shopping mall, which has several eating places.

The Bay Fair mall is located near the intersection of the 880/580/238 highways and has already 4 free L2 Volta Charging Stations.

It would be interesting now, to find the location of the future Hayward Supercharger, also scheduled for Q3 2021.
I swear Tesla must be stalking where I used to drive my Model S (I left California 2 months ago) because this is the fourth supercharger that they've put up within a mile of a place I've spent significant time at (this one is the first I didn't live next to). They were all strange locations, with two located very close to an existing supercharger and two having very few amenities. If they put a second supercharger in Auburn/Opelika AL (where I moved to) then I'm calling it confirmed.

I swear Tesla must be stalking where I used to drive my Model S (I left California 2 months ago) because this is the fourth supercharger that they've put up within a mile of a place I've spent significant time at (this one is the first I didn't live next to). They were all strange locations, with two located very close to an existing supercharger and two having very few amenities. If they put a second supercharger in Auburn/Opelika AL (where I moved to) then I'm calling it confirmed.
I know this is OT, but I couldn't resist 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol.jpg

What? I'm more scared at the Jack London Supercharger in Oakland, there is NO ONE around every time I have been there.

I get the same paranoia at our cabin when I go up alone. Who will I get to help me in whatever scary situation (werewolves most likely)

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
But they also impanel a committee to design a standard that is suboptimal and then mandate its use. I am just as happy to live in the land of the free where the best ideas can rise to the top, like the NA Supercharger connector.

View attachment 764603
Looks like plan check was met on 10/12/21 but the Waste Diversion Plan was not. How can you get weight tags for recycling when construction hasn't started? Do they just want the builder to say they will get weight tags?

It also looks like one of the other permits mentioned is for non-Tesla chargers.
View attachment 764604
Oh yeah, San Leandro is a disaster.

Apparently Blymyer filed the Tesla permit, then failed to address the comments. Meanwhile they were filing another permit for I guess EvGo chargers, and despite the obvious difference in descriptions, the city went ahead and locked both of them.

Oh yeah, San Leandro is a disaster.

Apparently Blymyer filed the Tesla permit, then failed to address the comments. Meanwhile they were filing another permit for I guess EvGo chargers, and despite the obvious difference in descriptions, the city went ahead and locked both of them.
I read that as Blymyer cited the Tesla permits for existing conditions. Or that is what the city was saying (B21 had site conditions from B20 as existing). The applicant is the same owner of the property (based on address) so even though the licensed professionals are different, the city is looking at the owner/applicant being the same. What a mess.