Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Leandro, CA (LIVE 16 Sep 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is new

new.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Zorg
@Mlew can you post some pics.

I imagine that there should be at least one ADA / Van access?
Also, there might be one allow charging straight on, no in reverse, to allow cars with bicycle rack or small trailer.
And sometime one or two free J1772 L2 chargers.

About the location, the main area is always full, so in fact I always try finding some more remote spots
to avoid getting to close to some big SUVs to avoid getting some scuff marks on the side of my car.

The access to the Superchargers will be even easier using the delivery alley
at the rear of the building also used by employees to park their car.

The only issue is that this location is mostly an outlet mall and there are only one Starbuck and one burrito place.
Public restrooms might be an issue, the Stabuck is open from 5:00 am until 7:00 pm.

Last edited:
There's a Panda Express, Mod Pizza, & ToGo's on top of the Starbucks & many outlet shops. Should be good enough for a stop charge.

@Mlew can you post some pics.

I imagine that there should be at least one ADA / Van access?
Also, there might be one allow charging straight on, no in reverse, to allow cars with bicycle rack or small trailer.
And sometime one or two free J1772 L2 chargers.

About the location, the main area is always full, so in fact I always try finding some more remote spots
to avoid getting to close to some big SUVs to avoid getting some scuff marks on the side of my car.

The access to the Superchargers will be even easier using the delivery alley
at the rear of the building also used by employees to park their car.

The only issue is that this location is mostly an outlet mall and there are only one Starbuck and one burrito place.
Public restrooms might be an issue, the Stabuck is open from 5:00 am until 7:00 pm.

Reactions: Watts_Up
There's a post on a local Facebook group about a Supercharger supposedly in San Leandro, CA that had its cables cut last night ("at least two chargers"). But the photos show slight-worn Urban pedestals with boostback transformers on a concrete slab behind them, which doesn't match what I've read here about the still-under-construction San Leandro Supercharger. I have not seen any recent pictures of the San Leandro site, but what's in the photos looks like it could be Hayward. Now attempting to get some confirmation.

Bruce.

The two middle stalls are reserved for ADA but the second one on the right doesn't provide extra room on the driver side to use a wheelchair?

Also, very often the very first or last stalls are drive-in type,which can be usefull if you have a bicycle rack,
or in the fuure could be more easy to share for not Tesla vehicles, but the stalls don't have (yet) a second CCS cable.

I have seen in some new locations that Tesla provides a (free) J1772 L2 charger, so a not Tesla EV can be charged too.
But there is an CCS Electrify America at the Walmart, about one mile away.

The two middle stalls are reserved for ADA but the second one on the right doesn't provide extra room on the driver side to use a wheelchair?

Also, very often the very first or last stalls are drive-in type,which can be usefull if you have a bicycle rack,
or in the fuure could be more easy to share for not Tesla vehicles, but the stalls don't have (yet) a second CCS cable.

I have seen in some new locations that Tesla provides a (free) J1772 L2 charger, so a not Tesla EV can be charged too.
But there is an CCS Electrify America at the Walmart, about one mile away.
ADA lawsuit lol

• Funny
Reactions: Pluto