Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA (LIVE 5 May 2018, expanded May 2020, 14 V2 + 4 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this sign at the Atascadero Supercharger.

Attachments

• 0527B43A-3642-452D-BAFF-82BB0758195D.jpeg
    0527B43A-3642-452D-BAFF-82BB0758195D.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 571
That location seems like the most likely spot in San Luis. Easy ingress and egress from 101, plenty of room, and just south of the Santa Rosa Road exit and California 1.

Maybe Tesla could persuade management to redecorate one of the rooms to resemble one of their automobiles.

Reactions: rrosenbl
This is a great location for travelers:

Restaurants nearby:
Madonna Inn dining room and coffee shop. (Steaks as good or better as Harris Ranch )
Denny's
Ihop
Starbucks
Panera
McDonalds
Buffalo Wild Wings
Golden Gong
Madonna Plaza food court

Hotels adjacent:
Madonna Inn
Best Western
Vagabond
Marriott courtyard (4 blocks)

A bike trail is adjacent for a quick ride to town, or Uber to town ~$5 for lots more choices and shops.

Lots of shopping in the Madonna Plaza. Directly adjacent to the freeway for a quick on and off.

This is a great choice.

Last edited:

Restaurants nearby:
Madonna Inn dining room and coffee shop. (Steaks as good or better as Harris Ranch )
Denny's
Ihop
Starbucks
Panera
McDonalds
Buffalo Wild Wings
Golden Gong
Madonna Plaza food court

Hotels adjacent:
Madonna Inn
Best Western
Vagabond

Lots of shopping in the Madonna Plaza. Directly adjacent to the freeway for a quick on and off.

This is a great choice.
One very important must see at the Madonna Inn is the men’s restroom.

Anyplace that has pink sugar has got to be alright.

Throw in the fact that the Madonna Inn was the first location of the multi-gender bathroom (unwittingly because all the ladies that want to see that urinal), and the extremely unique hotel rooms, coupled by big band dancing on most weekends. Plunge into one of those large cakes in the 'soda parlor'. Basically a good place to stay when doing that area's wineries (San Luis Obispo and Pasa Robles).

Based on the pic, I believe those SC's are near the entrance driveway where the gas station used to be.

Reactions: Foxtrotter

Restaurants nearby:
Denny's
Ihop
Starbucks
Panera
McDonalds
Buffalo Wild Wings
Golden Gong
Madonna Plaza food court

Hotels adjacent:
Madonna Inn
Best Western
Vagabond

A bike trail is adjacent for a quick ride to town, or Uber to town ~$5 for lots more choices and shops.

This is a great choice.

There is also an Embassy Suites just down the road a spell. Tahoe Joe's is in the same mall area, as well as a deli that is located in the breezeway between the access road and the main parking lot.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
We've stopped in that area around Madonna Inn to eat on our way south a number of times, but never actually went to the Madonna Inn. Good to know about the steaks. All I remember is that they have a lot of weddings and events there so figured parking would be a problem. I checked out your pavement marking photos Lloyd and the Google maps street view to pan around. Would I be correct that this looks to be across from the Classic Gourmet Wine and Cheese shop right near the entrance to Madonna Inn? If so that would be a good location as it's further away from the Inn and their guest parking and certainly within walking distance around the corner from other restaurants, etc.

Definitely agree this is a great pick for a Supercharger site. Now the Atascadero site isn't hard to get to but with the Superchargers sharing the bank parking lot it's pretty limited for expansion. Now if the bank were closing and Tesla bought/leased the bank building for a Tesla coffee shop/rest stop and got the whole use of the parking lot there -- that would be great. I really do like the food/atmosphere at the Street Side Ale House located down the street and that we just found on our last trip down there. In fact been looking forward to stopping there again while charging. Will be nice to have two charging locations to chose from depending on SOC and definitely needed when Atascadero is full or stalls down.

Reactions: ecrsail
@SMAIset I second the Street Side Ale House in Atascadero while charging there. Good beers, good food and reasonably priced. I think this forum reached a consensus that SLO and the Madonna Inn is ideal! I can’t wait to try the selections of eateries over there. For me, it’s a perfect distance from home to the next charge on our way down to SoCal.

We've stopped in that area around Madonna Inn to eat on our way south a number of times, but never actually went to the Madonna Inn. Good to know about the steaks. All I remember is that they have a lot of weddings and events there so figured parking would be a problem. I checked out your pavement marking photos Lloyd and the Google maps street view to pan around. Would I be correct that this looks to be across from the Classic Gourmet Wine and Cheese shop right near the entrance to Madonna Inn? If so that would be a good location as it's further away from the Inn and their guest parking and certainly within walking distance around the corner from other restaurants, etc.

Definitely agree this is a great pick for a Supercharger site. Now the Atascadero site isn't hard to get to but with the Superchargers sharing the bank parking lot it's pretty limited for expansion. Now if the bank were closing and Tesla bought/leased the bank building for a Tesla coffee shop/rest stop and got the whole use of the parking lot there -- that would be great. I really do like the food/atmosphere at the Street Side Ale House located down the street and that we just found on our last trip down there. In fact been looking forward to stopping there again while charging. Will be nice to have two charging locations to chose from depending on SOC and definitely needed when Atascadero is full or stalls down.

It is right at the entrance to Madonna Inn. Directly across from the freeway on ramp southbound.

Reactions: SMAlset