Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA (LIVE 5 May 2018, expanded May 2020, 14 V2 + 4 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok
75B43623-92F7-4180-AAB6-CD1E7D170B18.jpeg
F6719F8F-5D9B-4BBB-8A1C-76DCC6F4FF9B.jpeg
9FC6704B-C54F-4FF2-9B3C-AF9CC8F1CF5D.jpeg
New activity. Lots of activity from PG&E up the street also.

Reactions: SMAlset
Based on my personal experience with putting in solar, and then analyzing my power usage and switching to an EV rate schedule, PG&E seems to have their act together. They also give a $500 rebate for anyone buying an EV. You just fill out a simple form and send them proof, such as a copy of the registration.

I don't think we'll be seeing delays caused by PG&E.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ampster
And a whole lot of asbestos right behind the supercharger. That hill is almost all serpentine which is the ore that asbestos comes from. San Luis Obsipo county has a lot of it. I think I may have collected some serpentine on that hill when I was in college. I don't remember now, but I did get some near the Madonna.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and SMAlset
And a whole lot of asbestos right behind the supercharger. That hill is almost all serpentine which is the ore that asbestos comes from. San Luis Obsipo county has a lot of it. I think I may have collected some serpentine on that hill when I was in college. I don't remember now, but I did get some near the Madonna.

Didn't know that. I remember eating breakfast, probably at the Denny's or iHop next door, years ago on one trip down 101 and noticing that hill finding its rocky composition interesting. Nice to see progress being made on the Supercharger site.

Was just there. Ate at the Coppe Cafe. There is a shopping center across the street, so it should be a good stop.
By the way, there are four public Clipper Creek J1772 chargers near the south corner of the parking lot, west of the Embassy Suites. 214V @ 30A. They are free. There's a lot of construction in there so getting to the right part of the lot may be a little tricky.