Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA - Los Osos Valley Rd (LIVE 15 May 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
73C5DFAB-9F17-40AB-B33F-A238D0563DAE.jpegLooks like it’s live.

I wonder if this supercharger is needed? Are the superchargers in the area already full capacity?
98% of the time, no, they are not crowded, but additional stalls are probably still required during holiday travel. The Madonna supercharger was notorious for the 80+ car lines on Thanksgiving/Christmas a couple years ago. Even after bringing in 2 mega packs that doubled SLO's capacity during that time. Since then, Tesla has already quadrupled the number of superchargers in the San Luis Obispo corridor. There used to be ~20 between San Luis Obispo and Atascadero. Now there are 90 from Arroyo Grande to Paso Robles and they still have plans to build 2 more stations in Santa Maria, and SLO. Hopefully these ample options will ease that holiday travel congestion.

The thing I am looking forward to most is phasing out of V2 superchargers and the availability of more V3 options. Shared stalls are the worst as there are so many people who don't understand how to choose their stall to avoid doubling the charge time for both of you.

Last edited:
It will be curious to see if there are waiting periods this holiday. Quite a few locations have opened along the SF - LA corridor this year. I suspect any backups on US 101 or the i-5 corridor will be by chance while other locations will be relatively empty. People are habitual and may go to a familiar charger rather than the kid down the street. Most of us have learned that 10 minutes at two different chargers will give you more charge than 20 minutes at one.

Reactions: israndy
New service and sales location coming soon less than a mile away from here. Still in the planning phase.

View attachment 782265
Great news for those of us driving through as well... I have long been concerned about the lack of Tesla service on that long stretch between Monterey and Santa Barbara. It's one of the reasons I upgraded my AAA towing to the maximum.

I just used that site. It was almost completely iced, with only one other actual Tesla actually charging. I hope that it was only because of the lateness of the hour, but it looked like they went out of their way to block the Tesla spots. Plenty of regular spots nearby, empty. Fortunately there were still two available spots.

I just used that site. It was almost completely iced, with only one other actual Tesla actually charging. I hope that it was only because of the lateness of the hour, but it looked like they went out of their way to block the Tesla spots. Plenty of regular spots nearby, empty. Fortunately there were still two available spots.
I’ll have to swing by a few times this week and check on that. I’ve never seen this station ICED, especially with it being so far in the back of the shopping center, maybe a group decided to make a statement or something? 🤷🏽‍♂️
If I see a pattern I’ll definitely try to report it