Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA - Los Osos Valley Rd (LIVE 15 May 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Swung by again tonight for some more scouting. There were still two guys working at 6:40pm on wiring some of the stalls.

They’ve completed the landscaping, including some new plants in front of the cabinets. The fencing has been removed within the last 5 days, but the conduit ditches haven’t been fully paved over yet. The cabinets are currently covered, though they are installed. Definitely getting closer though.

It also appears as though it wouldn’t be too hard for them to add another row of stalls down the road should they choose to.

I also took some photos of the “parklet” areas within 1000ft of the chargers which are nice for a quick stretch, dog break, or lunch break.

What I find somewhat interesting is that of the 4 or 5 under construction stations I’ve seen over the past two years, this is the first time I’ve seen a large construction trailer with solar and security cameras set up. Could just be the particular company they have installing this, and part of the reason they were able to build this so quickly. Get everything on-site then build in 2 weeks.

E8D90057-7D41-44B7-8C09-76379E647959.jpeg
B2ABA44A-6BFC-4CB5-9A7A-23D83867AF74.jpeg
33DDBFDE-8FB6-48C4-B87F-3C2FD0A0A4F8.jpeg
4E26CCD7-6CDD-4EC4-A9B3-A8F189187BDC.jpeg
0CBB43F2-81A9-4FA8-81D3-2E29188E8865.jpeg
51FDA096-E84F-4616-A780-B0A3C3110699.jpeg

Last edited:
These chargers are behind Dick's Sporting Goods. El Pollo Loco is a short walk, with Olive Garden just a little longer. If you want to cross the highway, the Whole Foods makes good sandwiches, and, of course, you can get an all-beef hot dog and a large soda for $1.50.

This is a pretty good location for chargers.

Reactions: ElectricJazz
I am personally going to enjoy this location as I appreciate locations near Target it is just so easy to schedule to do a little shopping and charge my car at the same time.

We’ve had many trips in to Targets when supercharging too. Sure it has brought them sales they might not have otherwise had. It’s nice that it’s not just grocery too but a wider array of products. Of course taken advantage of restroom facilities while traveling too and generally something from Starbucks. Locations are different retail on the East Coast. I think I prefer Target but they do not have some of the hours that I think Sheetz (24 hrs/365) or others might have.

Today they are working on rapidly paving Froom Ranch Way and will likely have it reopened within the next few days. It looks like the extension and connection to the new bridge will come later as the new development progresses further.

That’s confusing. Mostly back in spots but one pull in spot? And at least on that end the pedestals are all over the place. Each of the 4 spots has a different pedestal alignment. Hopefully they all reach the cars. The other end in the back of the photo looks to be the same. Mish mash hodge podge.

That’s confusing. Mostly back in spots but one pull in spot? And at least on that end the pedestals are all over the place. Each of the 4 spots has a different pedestal alignment. Hopefully they all reach the cars. The other end in the back of the photo looks to be the same. Mish mash hodge podge.
The pull in slots are for folks towing trailers.