Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA - Higuera St. (LIVE 19 Nov 2021, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Neat.

Attachments

• 20211119_174814.jpg
    20211119_174814.jpg
    815.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 20211119_174827.jpg
    20211119_174827.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 81
I think that's his point. The only times there is a meaningful wait has been around Thanksgiving and Christmas. We'll find out next week. Though, I think travel will probably still be a little depressed compared to pre-covid times.
Driving to San Luis from the Central Valley and stopping at Kettleman City around 9AM this site was already 50% full. I expect to see a busy Thanksgiving travel season compared to last year.

yeah but you have alot of new options in that area that people can choose from too, like paso robles and arroyo grande. are all of them full too? That's what i wanted to know
At this exact moment in time (1pm on the Saturday before Thanksgiving week), there are 65 open stalls between Arroyo Grande and Paso Robles out of 110 total. There will be 130 total once Santa Maria opens likely this week. This is compared to only 20 total stalls in this corridor 2 years ago. The new station has 18 free out of 19 available to use (1 out if order).

The only station that is even remotely close to full is Arroyo Grande which arguably has the most amenities around it and only has 8 stalls.

At this exact moment in time (1pm on the Saturday before Thanksgiving week), there are 65 open stalls between Arroyo Grande and Paso Robles out of 110 total. There will be 130 total once Santa Maria opens likely this week. This is compared to only 20 total stalls in this corridor 2 years ago. The new station has 18 free out of 19 available to use (1 out if order).

The only station that is even remotely close to full is Arroyo Grande which arguably has the most amenities around it and only has 8 stalls.
Well in total arroyo grande has 20 stalls but it will be interesting to see how full will all these superchargers be when thanksgiving come.

Well in total arroyo grande has 20 stalls but it will be interesting to see how full will all these superchargers be when thanksgiving come.
You mean between Arroyo Grande and Pismo Beach.* Anyway, the AG supercharger is near multiple food joints including In N Out, and access to Walmart, a grocery store, and a movie theater for those so inclined on a late night. Pismo Beach is in the outlets that close at 6pm and have less food options. Should treat each station separately.

I think in San Luis, probably the LOVR supercharger by Target is the best overall for options and charging speed currently until the Public Market fully opens. Madonna is most convenient off the freeway but the V2 stalls are now a MAJOR detraction on a busy day with people that don't know proper supercharging etiquette.

For anyone passing through though, there are now 130 stalls within 1 hour of each other and most can be used interchangeably on a north to south road trip depending on the availability of stalls.

The new site seems better suited for those going north, I was coming south and had to get off the freeway at the original SuCh site and drive a crazy loop around town to get across the freeway. But getting back on going north was a piece of cake. There was NO ONE at this charger when I was there, probably because the Madonna Inn ones are five cents cheaper, but the Greenfield was packed

Reactions: goldengate
You mean between Arroyo Grande and Pismo Beach.* Anyway, the AG supercharger is near multiple food joints including In N Out, and access to Walmart, a grocery store, and a movie theater for those so inclined on a late night. Pismo Beach is in the outlets that close at 6pm and have less food options. Should treat each station separately.

I think in San Luis, probably the LOVR supercharger by Target is the best overall for options and charging speed currently until the Public Market fully opens. Madonna is most convenient off the freeway but the V2 stalls are now a MAJOR detraction on a busy day with people that don't know proper supercharging etiquette.

For anyone passing through though, there are now 130 stalls within 1 hour of each other and most can be used interchangeably on a north to south road trip depending on the availability of stalls.
At pismo beach the outlets close at 6pm not the supercharger right?

The new site seems better suited for those going north, I was coming south and had to get off the freeway at the original SuCh site and drive a crazy loop around town to get across the freeway. But getting back on going north was a piece of cake. There was NO ONE at this charger when I was there, probably because the Madonna Inn ones are five cents cheaper, but the Greenfield was packed
Would probably be easier to get off at the Los Osos Valley Road exit from both directions, which is they way you took to get back on the freeway. I'm sure the navigation to this site kind of sucks.

I used to think you could fix it by editing OpenMap.org, but the Speed Limit error near me that causes the car to dramatically slow for a few blocks isn't an issue in OpenMap, so I don't know how to fix these mapping issues. I was at a site last night that it told me to drive to the end of the street and back and make a left turn into the location because making a right turn must be broken in the map source. Sheesh!