Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Marcos, CA (LIVE 17 Aug 2021, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The site has been cleaned up and appears ready to use, but isn't functional yet. Can't be much longer now :cool:

View attachment 688793View attachment 688794View attachment 688795

Was on site this AM. New and not in these pictures, and I don't recall seeing it before, is that there is now a Tesla Megapack on site on the concrete pad above that was empty, along with a very large second transformer.

Additionally, there were what looked like City personnel walking the site with some other people, taking notes, etc. I'm sure the megapack is here for peak demand shaving (SDG&E is the most expensive electricity provider in the nation). I don't know what the site visit was for, could be for future expansion (this site stays pretty full), could be for solar canopy install, could just be to button up some final inspections. Will keep an eye on it since I like to kill some time in the Best Buy in the background about once a month.

I stop at this spot often. Wednesday I stopped by and there was new fencing going up directly on the other side of all of the cabinets. Looks like an expansion is under construction.

I kind of wish they would put it somewhere else. Maybe around North City. The traffic getting into this site is absolutely terrible. You either need to wait through the crazy short left turn AND the super crowded one side only stop sign that 20% of people can't figure out AND the Chick-fil-a/In-n-Out drivethrough lines.
OR you have to go an extra light and drive through 3 major pedestrian crossings infront of Hobby Lobby, Winco and Bevmo. Even putting it on the side of hobby lobby would be much better.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl