Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Marcos, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took these last night. It appears that the original 5 have been removed, 4 temporary ones have been erected, and maybe 8-10 have been marked for installation around the original location.

IMG_0145.jpg IMG_0146.jpg

Willie on the Tesla Austin Google group says there are 12 stalls under construction as of yesterday. Any expansion will be really helpful!

Took these last night. It appears that the original 5 have been removed, 4 temporary ones have been erected, and maybe 8-10 have been marked for installation around the original location.

View attachment 348165 View attachment 348166

No it’s not at all convenient for locals. It’s nowhere near the neighborhoods that most Teslas reside, and it’s not on the way from those neighborhoods to anywhere people in those neighborhoods would travel. (Highland Mall closed for a reason).

Fits in with my "awkward" comment above. Geographically, the Austin supercharger station is awkward to get to when south or northbound on I-35, and awkward to depart. I've heard rumors of another station (urban?) going in closer to The Domain, which hopefully is easier to access.

The original Texas Supercharger!

Five stalls, installed late 2013.

Recently heard there are some new boxes sitting around, which at other locations have indicated an expansion will occur... Can anybody confirm this?
I’m charging as I write this. Staring at about a dozen contractors installing 10 new charger boxes. 3 of the non-new chargers are currently working and not blocked by the construction.

Stopped in yesterday, Friday, 16 Nov 18 and here is an update. There was about a dozen workers pulling cable, and installing supercharger stations. Looks like they want to get this job done quickly. By count there will be 12 chargers total. On the drive up their are car told us that this location was unavailable but as you can see the 4 temporary spots are working just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_3787.JPG
    IMG_3787.JPG
    793.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3791.JPG
    IMG_3791.JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3792.JPG
    IMG_3792.JPG
    393.4 KB · Views: 108
@JohnD - I stopped by there on Thanksgiving day and the four temporary chargers were still working. The did seem to charge at a slower rate -- added about 50 miles in 25 minutes, but it was at the top end of my charge range (from 71% - 89%).

I was surprised that there was not anyone else there when I went through around 4pm on Thanksgiving Day. I did see one other Tesla heading in when I was leaving.

It looked like all of the work on the 12 new ones was complete, but they were still blocked off as you can see in the picture I attached. You can also see where the four temporary chargers -- with my Model 3 charging.

San Marcos Supercharger.jpeg