Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Marcos, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4386.JPG
This is from the Wednesday, 5 Dec 18. You can see that one Supercharger is dark as it was still not completely installed.

Suspected as much, anybody know if that La Quinta in the background of @Bruce W's photo is accommodating? If not we can stop at the Sunoco on the other side of 35 before charging.

We're trying to make plans for Xmas day. We plan to bypass Flatonia and charge at San Marcos before visiting family near Bulverde and Bandera. Going to San Marcos only adds 9 miles to our trip, which should be offset in part by faster charging due to a lower initial state of charge.

Reactions: TexasDuke
Suspected as much, anybody know if that La Quinta in the background of @Bruce W's photo is accommodating? If not we can stop at the Sunoco on the other side of 35 before charging.

We're trying to make plans for Xmas day. We plan to bypass Flatonia and charge at San Marcos before visiting family near Bulverde and Bandera. Going to San Marcos only adds 9 miles to our trip, which should be offset in part by faster charging due to a lower initial state of charge.
You never know what will be open on Christmas Day. I'm sure the La Quinta will be open, and they wouldn't care if you use the restroom. Just walk in like you own the place.:cool: They are pretty new, and employees will likely be in a good mood because they are getting paid overtime. Hopefully the family can provide a little power for you -- be aware that San Antonio is not the best when it comes to charging options. Okay, close to the worst for a large city.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS and TexasDuke
You can see many trees and shrubs in the photo in the post above yours.
When I was there a month+ ago during the construction there was a Porta Potti over that direction, on the grass at the edge of parking lot just off the left side of the "new stalls now working" photo above. It was, fortunately open for business since the mall wasn't when I came through.

Was that linked to the construction and is gone now?

Could use some lovin' here. Using stalls 6a/b the rate fluctuates between 10 and 72, and after about 5 minutes completely stopped on me. Happened two weeks ago too. Was not paired with another car.

Stall 4 had a max speed of 72kW, was not paired with another car. But at least it mostly held steady and I was able to complete the charge.

Both times weather conditions were mild, with battery under 50%.

Didn't try stalls 1, 2, 3, or 5 as they already had vehicles.

How best to let Tesla know? Perhaps they already know from charge logs?