Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Mateo, CA - Bridgepointe Pkwy (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This supercharger is located in Foster City.

Beg to differ. Bridgepointe is close to the boundary, but it's part of San Mateo.

All the stalls appear to be functional even though it's not listed in navigation and there's construction fencing nearby. I'm charging in stall 2B now.

Excellent news, thank you. I'll continue to charge at home myself, but I'm sure travelers and those who can't charge at home will appreciate having this option.

Reactions: e-FTW
This supercharger is located in Foster City. All the stalls appear to be functional even though it's not listed in navigation and there's construction fencing nearby. I'm charging in stall 2B now.
That's great news. I spoke to the valet guys at San Mateo today and they informed me that their company received the contract to valet at that location in the future so it seems to be that the San Mateo area will still be quite busy but these 10 new Superchargers should alleviate some of the congestion over at Park Place.

When I was there yesterday the whole area was fenced off with temporary fencing. The photos taken by @yakking last night illustrate that you can walk into the area when no one is around. I could not do that yesterday because the workers were still there.

Since the latest photos show the stalls without power and the construction tape still in place, it seems likely that the final PG&E inspection has not yet been completed. So we could be days or even weeks away from being able to use this Supercharger.
I was responding to the photo posted by Crush. Yakking posted those pics after my post so obviously that changes the situation. Who knows if those pics were posted immediately after they were taken.

EDIT: Obviously up and running now per shayster.

Last edited:
It's now live on the Tesla Supercharger map! They call it the San Mateo Bridge pointe Pkwy Supercharger. However, the Hillsdale coming soon location thingy disappeared.
Yep, I just saw it on the online map before checking this thread and see you beat me to it. ;) I will update the thread title with the full correct site name.

The online map description states “10 stalls” but I only saw 9 when I was there yesterday. Hmm...

Last edited:
Seems like they are planning on erecting lamp posts or something. And the Chargepoint stations are not done yet.

20171101_173602.jpg 20171101_173528.jpg 20171102_082200.jpg

Came over here to check things out. Pretty busy but there seem to be typically 1-2 stalls open. There’s a bucket blocking off 5A, not sure why.

One of the ChargePoint chargers looks like it’s only usable from a handicap parking space.

Bruce.

Great to have this location in mid-Peninsula. I used to work just across the street some 12 years ago when it used to be the Siebel Systems HQ. It’s now occupied by Sony PlayStation Entertainment who will surely contribute a bunch of employees charging here.

Next up sometime in 2018 would be the San Carlos Supercharger a bit south of the Hillsdale Whole Foods one. Poetic to have an SC in the City of SC that was once the host of Tesla’s HQ in the Roadster days. Haven’t found a permit in their system yet.

Just stopped by here earlier. Busy, but not 100% full.

San Carlos would be cool (symbolically). I live in San Carlos, so I'd probably never use it, but as GG says, Tesla was founded here and to have a presence here would be nice.

Been open only 10 days and we visited yesterday afternoon and evening, 10 out of 10 occupied at 1pm, 8 out of 10 occupied at 4:30pm, and stall 2A was non-operational. (someone had left a note).

Not one of Tesla's wiser choices, there are far more appropriate locations (not next to a busy target) where more ample parking could have been obtained, say the Orchard Supply Hardware store at the corner of Metro Center Blvd and Foster City Blvd right near the bus stop? (always empty) Over there at least there is a Starbucks, a Peets Coffee, Jamba Juice, IHop, Costco and not to mention numerous fast food facilities (Carls Jr, McD's, Taco Bell, Pizza hut, sandwich shop) all within a block or two easy walking distance. At least there, Tesla owners would not have had to grapple with the daily Target customers and the back end of a rather difficult to navigate parking lot configuration.

Too far to walk anywhere and also many suspicious looking characters loiting nearby and smoking (yuk). Also there are signs from the San Mateo police about locking your vehicles due to numerously reported break-ins and thefts, including Tesla owners. Not going to be one of our favorite charging locations, even the other San Mateo location is preferable to this locale.

Reference the new Salinas location as an example of how Tesla 'did it right' the first time (instead of making more costly(ier) repeated mistakes.

Reactions: Joelc