Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Mateo, CA - 2817 S. El Camino Real (LIVE 25 Mar 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tesla is actually planning TWO new Superchargers in San Mateo!!

12 stalls are planned for the Burger King on the Camino. The permit was filed the same day as Norfolk, although I missed this one the first time.

San Mateo.jpg

San Mateo 2x.jpg

I live very close to here, and this is a really weird location for superchargers LOL. Hillsdale Mall down the street would be a way better location for chargers (Electrify America and Chargepoint are already there), but hey, can't complain about more options for Tesla owners regardless of where they are.

I I live very close to here, and this is a really weird location for superchargers LOL. Hillsdale Mall down the street would be a way better location for chargers (Electrify America and Chargepoint are already there), but hey, can't complain about more options for Tesla owners regardless of where they are.
When the Hillsdale Mall was soliticting neighborhood feedback I asked about Tesla chargers. They said they had the others available, and in their mind that was sufficient. I would have thought that they would have wanted to draw people into the new section with the foodcourt and restaurants. At the end of the day, the BK site is really just about across the street anyways.

The El Camino one makes more sense. Draw people away from the Whole Foods one, and it is close to field works and other shopping and eating places. The Norfolk one allivietes the target supercharger, but wait times there are not as bad. Not a lot of shopping and food options there unless you have a pet.